Cc basics for digitakt +controller

hey guys,

i´m sorry if this got already covered, or is too basic… but i really tried to find an answer in the manual and here in the forum and in www.
i guess the problem is also, that i just don´t know what´s the vocabulary for the stuff i´m looking for, since i´m a new kid on the block…

what i want to do:
i want to use a midi controller to play around with the parameters and the volume of the different tracks on the digitakt simultaneously.
(atm i´m working on my 60knobs/bastl https://bastl-instruments.com/instruments/60knobs)

what i think to understand:
the controller sends a command through midi to the digitakt(or any other midicompatible device).
i need to programm/edit the controller to make it know to which adress it needs to send the command. there´s a programm where i can edit this for my 60knobs.
i found part of the cc “adresses” in the manual.(p.70/71)

The Questions:
how can i direct the existing parameter comands per track???
for exmp.:
amp decay is 80. what do i have to add (and where), if i want to adress the controll to track 5? (hope you can understand what i try to talk about…)
does there exist a more complete list?
is there a nice tutorial or website on this topic?

i already saw that there´s gonna be a problem with the volume because it´s connected to pattern…
is this the same with all the other parameters? (that would be quite a bummer…)

sorry…so many questions. hope someone can help!

phi

Each track is setup to receive midi on a particular channel— so send cc 80 on channel 5 and you should be all set.

1 Like

Yeah by default, Digitakt track 1 is listening to the MIDI channel 1, track 2 to the channel 2, etc. You can change this in the setting if needed (MIDI Config > Channel).

This video might help you :

3 Likes