Cats

13 Likes

heā€™s a true pussycat.

I think that he was miffed that snack time was delayed by the photo session,

1 Like

These two will soon be together again, up there. :cry:

10 Likes

Iā€™m sorry, some might say theyā€™re just pets, but once youā€™ve lived with one of them for 16/20 years, theyā€™re much more than that.

5 Likes

Little buddies!

Little mega buddies!

1 Like

Our cat has become a major pain in the ass. Sheā€™s gotten old and has started snoring, so canā€™t sleep in the same room as us anymore. I either put her in the bathroom or outside at night, but she always wants to scratch down the door at some point, which wakes me up. Fucking annoying. Moving houses soon. Iā€™m tempted to get rid of her, but donā€™t have the heart to do so.

Anyone with a clever trick for a full nightā€™s sleep when you got a cat and sleep very lightly? I wake up from the smallest of creaks.

1 Like

I have this issue myself with my partā€¦OURā€¦cat. Ear plugs is all I can offer.

Plus one should have a good pair anyway for loud gigs.

3 Likes

no no no no

1 Like

Flip it on the sale section and buy a new cat with more modern features

2 Likes

Weed. Earplugs.
Is the cat overweight at all?

Wait for Overcat 2.0 to come out and then multitrack that mo-fo

2 Likes

+1 for earplugs.

My cat is 18 and regularly yowls in the middle of the night as he staggers around trying to get comfortable on old bones. I also wake up at a pinā€™s drop so I can sympathise. The other thing I do is put a ā€œdoor snakeā€ along the bottom of the door so it blocks more sound.

Lastly, if you can afford one of those ā€œcat nestsā€ (soft, round, fleece-lined cat beds) putting one near the door will tempt your little dudette to stay warm in there and not shred the door.

Good luck andā€¦keep the cat - itā€™s in your care.

3 Likes

enjoy those last annoying years with your loud cat. itā€™s part of the duty of cat ownership

6 Likes

You deal with it and get used to it. Thats part of being a cat owner. Not fair to put em out for stuff thats outta their paws.

My girl wanted to put our cats out of our room at night. I said no dice. Part of the family. She adapted.

I at one point in time had three cats and a dog (springer spanial) sleeping ON me. You just gotta deal with it.

4 Likes

Well, Iā€™m not going to put her to sleep, obviously, I wouldnā€™t be able to do that. I have to say though, in my defense, I never wanted a cat, the missus just took care of her for a couple of weeks the summer we moved in here, because her owners had gone on vacation (without us knowing), and their other cat (our catā€™s daughter, had taken over her territory and chased her away). It obviously ended with the cat moving in, against my wishes, but here we are.

Thanks for all the good suggestions, guys, I really appreciate it! :slight_smile: Earplugs hasnā€™t worked well for me in the past, but Iā€™ll give it another go. I think we might build some sort of high nest for her in the living room in the new apartment, hopefully sheā€™ll like that and stay there during the night. Having her in our bedroom is just a no go - cats are cool, but I badly need my sleep as well. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Make sure theyā€™re real-deal ear plugs, not some foam crap they sell next to gum.

Got any to recommend? :slight_smile:

Ive had cats all my life. SINCE BIRF. When my last one past away i said never again. Then i met my girl. She has two cats. Two cats i freakin hated.
But they came with her. And get as much love as any cat ive ever had get. How could you not.

I fully cant stand orange cats. But this asshole cat has won me over. And gets all the pampering the little shit deserves :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I only have experience with cheap foam :joy:
It does the jobā€¦for now.

My local shop sells these:

I hear getting fitted plugs is amazing.