Cat damage prevention

In case you were wondering, the cat owner got her back today and I’m happy to say neither the cat nor the gear suffered any damage.

Can’t say the same for the sofa, even though the cat preferred the scratch mat. It’s not too bad.

Anyways, now there is a terrible void here …

8 Likes

they have so much personality and the enjoyment is so pure, it’s a void that’s difficult to fill. Even a different cat will never be the same cat, but there are always more animals that need love and homes if you’re ever in the right headspace to connect with another one.

6 Likes

My cats destroyed my recliner. Had to get a cover and now that’s gonzo! I got cat tape for our new sofa. Works well if you ever find yourself in the situation again!

2 Likes

Simple.

These little ones will change your life… Definitely worth checking out to find one that will choose you!

2 Likes

After reading how much cats can destroy the things we like I do miss having them around.

2 Likes

I would get rid of every piece of gear I own if it was between gear or my cat.

5 Likes

We’ve been lucky except for needing to buy the same rug twice. We couldn’t blame them for thinking it was a large scratching pad because of the material and probably because of that and all the scratching posts, they’ve never tried scratching up anything else!

They’re absolutely spoiled though and we wouldn’t change a thing.

3 Likes

My personal experience with cats and gear - they usually only show interest when I’m using it because they’re curious little shits and want to be involved.

Giving them a little perch nearby where they can watch everything and feel included has significantly reduced the frequency of feline gear-climbing incidents.

But, all cats are different. We got lucky with these two. If I had my friend’s tabbies they wouldn’t be allowed in the room at all because those two are absolute gremlins.

4 Likes

Yeah mine complains about being locked out of the bedroom studio, when I let her in bitches at my singing, then tries to eat my fingers. She’s great but some cats just got no tact.

3 Likes

If my cat comes into the studio, I put my fender twin amp on. It is like a cat magnet as soon as it warms up.

4 Likes