Carrying bag for 2 Elektrons

Do you use the bag as well?

I have one in its earlier form, yea. You’ll want to protect the encoders for sure.

1 Like

Alright, yea, the encoders for sure run the risk of being damaged without them.

Desksavers are cheaper than paying for repairs.

Thanks for the lightning responses.

the Thomann bag is great!

Yea, it’s looking like the one for me. :slight_smile:

Has anyone tried a pelican 1550 with two mkii’s? or found a pelican model they liked?

1 Like

Hi Guys,

Wanted to know if anyone was able to fly safely with this two units flight case : https://www.swanflight.com/twin-elektron-sampler-flightcase.html

I’m moving my gear from France to the States.

Has anyone tried thomman producer backpack with either the A4 MKII or RYTM MKII? I will buy this immediately if it will!

it might

Internal dimensions: 2 compartments each 400 x 240 x 50 mm (middle separated by thick cushion)

on mine the internal cushion separates @ 85 mm and 40 approx , not sure if they have recently changed though

You can put an AR mk2 and A4 mk2 both with their decksavers in the same Thomann bag, I’ve discovered it this week.
AR mk2 and OT fit as well, just tested it!

4 Likes

ooohh thx! gonna go for it

+1 on the Thomann bag it’s well padded and 2 units with covers fit perfectly, also quite a lot of room left for other stuff in the top, side and front pockets!

1 Like

Nice! it’s a really good bag this one , i get my digitakt/digitone/laptop/soundcard/launch control xl/cables and some fresh underwear/toothybrush :slight_smile:

Oh hell yes! I got it and it looks good, feels good, and perfectly fits two groove boxes. I love it. Thanks for the hint

-hs

1 Like

I use a Maxpedition MPB. Totally hardwaring, totally padded all the way round, and excellent organisation wise.

1 Like

would you have photos?

I don’t. But I’ve used it to carry DT, DN, 84 hp of Eurorack, headphones and cables on an aeroplane, works great.

Anyone have any suggestions for a bag that can safely carry both an Octatrack and a digitone without needing the covers? I don’t want to spend $140 dollars for two plastic covers if I can get a nice bag and 2 fabric dust covers for around that price.

Check out Magma range. I have a wheel trolley that can carry 4 elektrons with lids. Kind of heavy though fully loaded. Will do 3 no worries.

There is also a backpack from Magma which seems to me to be higher quality than Thomann.

3 Likes

I have no horse in that race, but the Thomann bag is very robust, offers a very good protection and makes it possible to carry it on your back or on one shoulder. The poor Moog bag I got for my modular skiff and Keystep really is a joke compared to this.

I strongly advise to get the decksavers, though, as expensive as they can seem.
Once in a bag, the encoders really suffer, time after time.
With the experience (I move my machines pretty often) I ended using both a decksaver and a tote bag for each Elektron machine I carry in my Thomann bag. This prevents the rubber feet to get taken off.

2 Likes