Can't update Machinedrum MKII UW

Hello,

so I got my hands on a MKIIUW after not having one for years. Alas, I can’t seem to be able to update it. I follow detailed instructions for x.04 but the Machine is still showing me the ready to receive even though SysEx is being transferred. I tried using the TM-1 directly from my laptop through SysEx librarian, as well as a USB to MIDI cable with no luck. Unfortunately I have no other gear to test if there is a problem with the MIDI in the first place. Any ideas on what may be going wrong? Thanks!

Hello! Sounds similar to this one. I also had the problem but another (third, IIRC) attempt at the update went through.

I had a similar problem too. I don’t remember in detail, but the solution was to slow down the rate of the midi data transfer.

tried slowing down the rate and it seems like there’s something happening, OUT on TM-1 is blinking, and lights on the sound selections are coming in one by one, alas screen still says READY TO RECEIVE MIDI UPGRADE.

Will check back in, thanks both of ya!

ok so I left it to update, came back 15 mins later, and X.04 was installed. I guess slowing down the rate worked lol.

4 Likes

I’m having the same problem. My screen in the MD just says READY TO RECEIVE MIDI UPGRADE

I’m using the C6 software to send the syx file. It says “sending”…then when finished, nothing changes on the MD.

How do you slow down the transfer?

no LEDs light up on md?

delay ticks in C6, try 6/7ms.

1 Like

sorry, what is “6/7ms”?

thanks for the quick reply

ah ok, figured it out. sending it again now.

no, no LEDs or anything changed at all. Screen still says READY TO RECEIVE MIDI UPGRADE

I used Sysex Librarian, and set up transfer speed in Preferences

Still nothing after adjusting the delay ticks. MD hasn’t changed at all - message is still there.

any other ideas?

Sorted this out - MIDI cables weren’t plugged in the proper slots. It’s always something stupid like that! Looking forward to working in this new OS :slight_smile:

1 Like

the screen will continue to say READY TO RECEIVE MIDI UPGRADE while the lights light up during the sysex transfer.

2 Likes