Can't send OS Upgrade AR Mk2

Hi there,

I’m trying to upgrade the OS to 1.46b.
I’ve downloaded C6 and when I connect to USB it finds my AR.
So I select it. And on the AR I go to System/OS Upgrade.
It says Waiting for Sysex. Then I press send on C6 and it shows that it’s sending the sysEx file but notting happens.

I also tried to upgrade via the startup menu and than press 4 but than C6 can’t find the AR. So the USB setting change or some thing. Does anyone know how to do it?
I also tried using MIDI instead of USB but no luck.

Thanks for the help.

Have you tried using Elektron Transfer via USB only? If I remember right, that’s what I used to update the OS without any problems.

Thats what I did, I think I’ve tried every thing.
I’m on a mac but I think that should not be the problem.

Is it actually the right OS file you are sending ? Also - (whilst you say you tried via DIN) - are you in OB mode ? C6 can be used to load/save a sound e.g. try this also to see if communications are good

Hi Thanks for your suggestion. I was in the ride mode with the os file for the ARmk2 and not in OB mode. But I tried it on my other computer and it worked. I know apple changed some things regarding the package size that could be send over USB so I thought maybe thats the case. Well I don’t know for sure because both machines run OS highSierra but it worked so thats great. And Overbridge works on the mac that didn’t work for the transfer so thats great and weird.
Anyway thanks for the help and always keep your old computers for what ever doesn’t work on your new one :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m having the exact same problem. I have messaged Elektron support but no resolve yet.

When you were finally successful were you using C6 or transfer? USB or MIDI/DIN connection? It’s really bugging me. Desperate to use AR mk2 with OB.

Hi
I was using C6.
For me the problem was the Mac.
I used exactly the same software on a different Mac and it worked so I know 100% it was the Mac.
Can you try C6 on a different computer?
And of course with the Overbridge mode off in de USB settings.
Both my computers could see the analog rytem but when transferring the OS one of the computers just send the OS but the AR didn’t receive it.

So for me it was the Mac, but I don’t know exactly whats the differents except between the two.

Same problem here, AR Mk2 simply ignoring syx file. I can see device in the list, but it doesn’t work.
Was trying C6 and Transfer, same result.
Any suggestions?

Trying to update my AR/A4 with no joy at all…

Seems Catalina isn’t compatible. Tried SysEX Librarian too… stopped half way

Oh well seems I won’t be updating the OS of any of my Elektrons until I find an Sysex software that works with Catalina :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Maybe with SysEx Librarian for mac?

https://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/docs.html

I’m not on Catalina so I can’t check it out.

Good luck!!

Find a friend with a PC

Tried that just before and it stopped and gave me the error… it’s a Catalina issue as it worked previous. My bad for upgrading OS should have waited :cry::cry::cry:

Aha that sucks, maybe install windows or via wine and try a windows version of c6 or transfer or the other programs?

Or just wait and be happy later :slight_smile:

Have a little faith.
They probably will. Just as they added midi tracks to the Analog Rytm :wink:
It’s probably a Mac thing, some times apple decides to unsupport stuff with new versions.
In some macs sending big packages via USB is for some reason unsupported in new versions.
And that drives hardware and software creators crazy.
Still prefer the mac though.
Anyway good luck updating in the near future :slight_smile:

1 Like