Cant hear sample playback on sequencer

hi there here is the issue

1.i sample some audio
2.load to a track
3i can play it and hear it on the track
4.i enter chromatic mode or step
5record to the sequencer
6.when i playback the sequencer all the trigs i recorded are there but no sound ?

WTF…

sorry if its a an obvious one ,not very savvy here in london…lol…ive read the manual for help and youtube etc…is me being a dummy or a bug or should i prepare the sample to a certain directory first …???

carl

Are you sure the track isn’t muted?

6 Likes

Not sure if it’s the same issue, but I had some trouble with getting trigs to play if they’re on the first step of the sequence.

I was playing in live, but hitting the note slightly before the pattern had started. Also check the micro-timing to see if the trig occurs on or after the beat for the first step.

Otherwise check your trig length settings? And see that the AMP is set to play the notes while the trig is held/active (hold mode).

1 Like

Hello all. Bumping this thread because I’m having the same problem as the OP and it’s driving me nuts!

I’m new to the Digitakt and new to Elektron gear, so it’s probably something simple. But still, as Kasi said:

1.i sample some audio
2.load to a track
3i can play it and hear it on the track
4.i enter chromatic mode or step
5record to the sequencer
6.when i playback the sequencer all the trigs i recorded are there but no sound ?

I have tried:

both recording live and entering steps (i can hear it while recording live)
clearing the track and re-recording
changing the sample
clearing the sound and re-assigning it altogether
muting and unmuting the track

also:

it’s specific to this project, so it must be a setting of some sort. It’s just track 8. I’ve looked at the conditional trigs and i can’t see anything that would cause it.

What am i missing??

Try Func+Bank (Mute Mode) to check that both mute modes (purple & green) are showing unmuted channels

4 Likes

Have you checked both mute modes (bank & pattern)? Hit FUNC + BANK twice to switch the mute mode - Green mutes for all patterns in that bank, while pink mutes only on that pattern.

If its the first step of the sequence that isnt playing make sure you dont have it microtimed back, the Digitakt won’t recognize notes occuring before the first beat when starting the sequence (though it will play the second time through).

Hope this helps!

6 Likes

Right, well i didn’t know there were two mute modes!

That must be it - I’ll try it when i get home from work this evening. thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

yep, solved it - it was the purple mute mode. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Saw this post and hoped like crazy that this was my problem too but no luck, my purple mute mode all purple!

Maybe I missunderstand your sentence, but just to make sure:

Non-lit [TRIGS] means not muted (and not the other way around).

Right, I thought maybe MY solution was almost certainly the pattern-mute mode, If it HAD been my solution my trigs would not have been lit, as you said. My trigs were purple (lit) so it was not my solution. However, I did solve my problem. I was messing around with MIDI stuff last night and wandered into the menu containing “trig key dest.(destination)” I must have ACCIDENTALLY AND STUPIDLY set trig.key.dest(ination) to EXT ONLY!!! So my trigs were fine but they were triggering nothing I could hardly believe it. I was SO worried my device was totally screwed. Instead I’m thrilled and inspired! And It was you guys both who set me on the path to finding my solution so I thank you both!! :pray:t3:

3 Likes

I find that if i change from overbridge to Midi then back to OB, it starts triggering the audio again. Clearly it is a bug in OB.

WTF! F … F … F …! damn it !
thank you!

1 Like