Can't hear/record Ext IN R of AK in OB 1.10.1

Hi guys,

Having a bit of a struggle trying to hear the EXT IN R from the Analog Keys in OB -> Ableton.

I have a kick drum coming through one of the AK’s inputs (L), and a melodic sequence coming into the other ®, and have made sure to turn on both External Input channels in the OB Control Panel.

In Ableton I have set up an Audio Channel to receive from Analog Keys’s EXT L/EXT R, however I can only hear the Left channel. I’ve swapped the inputs over and then I can only hear the sequence, so the audio source is definitely being received, and the cables connecting are also both fine.

Strangely the OB plugin is clearly displaying two different audio sources on the meters for the External In, L is the Kick, and R is the sequence, however the Ableton channel (which to my mind should be a stereo channel with the L as the Kick, and the R as the sequence?) is only receiving the Kick on both L & R.

is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

man, we experience some very similar issues.

So, create two external channels, in fact, duplicate the Left Channel you have now. On each channel of the two, add the Utility tool, from the Audio effects menu.

On the left channel, set the pan source to left and on the right channel, set the pan source to right. Now you should have both left and right channels coming though. Don’t forget to arm record on the channel to hear the signal.

Haha it seems we do!

thanks for the tip, will give it a go when back at the studio this week.

Before you had panned the two AK external in channels left and right were you seeing just L or R coming through on both channels? As I am getting the input signal connected to EXT IN L on both sides. So even if I pan it left and copy and pan the other right; I would’ve thought that as I can’t hear the signal connected to R that I would just have a duplicate of the signal connected to L.

Hope this makes sense, hard to explain in text

I tried this earlier today and could hear the input connected to L only, regardless of whether Ableton’s utility plugin was set to left or right mono signal?

Have you made sure the external inputs into the AK via the FX channel are turned up and panned centre?

Oh, to answer your question, I was also only getting the left channel, nothing else. I thought it was an error with the software at first. Have you upgraded to the latest OB version? I’m still on 1.10.0

Thanks again djsm, will check this when back in the studio next week. I’m on 1.10.1 (latest version)

Sounds stupid, but your cable might have given up the ghost. It’s what they do

Thanks for the suggestion 4.33, will make sure to check the cable.
What confuses me is why i would be seeing the L input on both channels of the stereo Ext L & R channel in Ableton, where as in the Overbridge control panel - I am clearly seeing two different channels/signals on L & R

Hello dave_angel, any luck in solving this?

Am having the exact same problem…

thank you!

@roupsy I’ve just today heard back from Elektron, who have said that they had previously fixed this bug on the Analog Four.

However they hadn’t realised that the problem was still present in the Analog Keys. Told me to expect a fix in the next update for the keys OS

1 Like

Any hints on when would that be?

Thanks a bunch!!

No time scale detailed to me, but will ask them expected release of update featuring the bug fix now

@roupsy Just been told they have no idea when it’ll be released

1 Like

I very much appreciate your effort … thank you!

will sit back and wait for that update to happen then :slight_smile:

1 Like