Can't find or hear external input tracks

Hi, I’ve got OB working well on windows 7 and Live 9.5, except for two issues:

1. I can’t select the external input tracks in the dropdown ‘from’ section of Ableton’s track routings. The only options are, 1,2,3,4 and ext, but ext does nothing. All OK in the OB control panel. Am I doing something wrong or is this a glitch? Would like to use the ext ins as two more inputs alongside my sound card.

2. The plugin window is top small for the data inside - it truncates about 300 pix along the left and many controls are inaccessible because of it. Is there a fix?

So, you have the EXT turned on in the OB control panel, and the level meters are showing movement on those inputs in the OB control panel?

Which A4 OS, which OB version?

Yes and yes. 1.22 and 1.10.
Also of note is that my input list in Ableton doesn’t change, even if I change it in the OB panel. Restarting Ableton doesn’t help. Something’s up.

Bump, issue persists, anyone run into anything similar or have ideas for a fix?

I’ve got the same issue regarding the external inputs.
Strangely enough Ableton used to output both IN L and IN R onlty in one stereotrack with OB 1.0. Since OB1.1 me too can select the “ext” setting, but no sound.

Regarding the plug in window: use OB control panel to set the plugin zoom level to less than 100%: it should fit then.

I think I’m running into this same iss with Reaper, so it’s not a Live issue.

I have a synth connected to AK’s external ins.
I have external ins turned on in OBCP as you can see by meter movement

I have these external inputs configured in Reaper’s audio setting and on the track in question I have these external inputs as the track inputs.

Nuttin’…

No sound or meter movement in Reaper.

Is this a bug? Is there some setting I’m missing someplace?

I assume that if I see meter movement in ext ins in OBCP that the audio is in fact getting out of the AK, or is that meter movement being transmitted by the AK, thus audio may not in fact be getting to my PC?

O found a bug recently where when using OB with ext audio, L means R and R means L (in the OB gui)

I have never used reaper so this may not be of use…

Crossed tracks would be the least of my concerns at this point… :slight_smile:

As a test I set up a synth with L & R ext as osc 1 & 2 sources and triggered the synth with another midi keyboard, and the synth connected to the AK does indeed come through. So more indication that audio is getting into the AK…

I actually don’t have the ext on obcp turned on. I’ve just realised that, looking at your screenshot.

Maybe I’m missing something, but the mains aren’t on in that obcp pic. Any joy if they are on?

I’m not near mine to try to replicate, so I’m just throwing dice mate.

Re: Mains on

That don’t work because it just creates a feedback loop because I’m using the AK as my “sound card” out of my PC.

So, if I raise the lvl’s of the ExtIn’s in the AK, then I hear my externally connected synth, but not through my DAW…

It’s like there needs to be a routing option in the AK for external inputs to bypass main & FX or something…

Ah OK man. I don’t use anything other than my AI for sounds so haven’t had that issue, but can see what you are saying.

Hope you get it sorted.

Thanks… I really don’t want to have to buy an audio interface just for one damn synth. 'preciate the help (or at least the effort! :slight_smile: )

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Micromonsta

Ugh… Elektron just confirmed this is a bug in OB… How does 1/3 of the outputs not functioning make it through testing?

AHHH this is disappointing…

is there a way to fix this, by routing the external inputs to the physical outputs? not sure if i’m wording this correctly. But is there a hybrid way to still have the 4 synth voices, plus two external inputs heading into the DAW by using overbridge as well as some audio cables?

You have to route 4 tracks/voices as individual voices in OB, turn them off from the main in the AK/4, and then route main via OB. Main has the ExtIn (once you turn them up in ExtIn by selecting FX track, then turning them up in ExtIn (button for OSC1 & CVA).

But for me this won’t work as I want A4/K voices to have internal FX and ExtIn dry… So this is the inverse of the solution…

SAME! but now i’m thinking, maybe i’ll run my external synth through the AK for the internal fx. and use other plugins and pedals for the 4 voices… granted i’m still trying to wrap my head around sound design with the AK, but hey, it couldn’t hurt to experiment.

I find when I use OB as ASIO i can record through A4 external inputs, but through OB VST i get nothing. OB Control Panel shows activity on ex inputs either way. Using Live9.