Can't connect to Transfer

Hey guys, I just got a used Digitakt and I am having issues getting it to connect to the Transfer app.

The Digitakt is running OS 1.10. The Transfer app is the newest one straight from Elektron’s website.

Whenever I fire up the app, it shows Elektron Digitakt as MIDI IN and Microsoft GS Wavetable synth as MIDI OUT. There’s no other option for MIDI IN, and under MIDI OUT it shows a greyed out Elektron Digitakt. Whenever I try to switch from the Microsoft crap to the Digitakt, the Transfer app freezes completely. Whenever I click ‘connect’ with the DT as MIDI IN and the Microsoft junk as MIDI OUT, it won’t connect. The little wheel spins for a moment then does nothing.

I’ve had a DT before and I don’t remember getting Transfer to work being such a chore. I am using the USB cable that came with the unit. I’ve gone into the settings and made sure the MIDI stuff is set to USB only. I even tried setting the auto channel to 14 like someone suggested.

Nothing is working. Help?

Overbridge mode off?

5 Likes

DT Firmware is up to 1.11 now. Might want to give that a try too.

Yes it is off. I just now mysteriously got it to connect to Transfer. I didn’t do anything special that I hadn’t done before. It just worked this time… wtf

Just jumping in to say I have the same problem.

Transfer worked before, but hasn’t been for at bit (been waiting for it to randomly work too but no luck :frowning:) . And yes, did the same troubleshooting as skunk3 and have also reinstalled Transfer. My PC is Windows 8.1, DT Firmware is 1.11.
Any ideas?

I have only had problems connecting to transfer when I connect through a USB hub. The hub works fine for overbridge, but if I need transfer I connect usb direct from DT to the PC.

1 Like

Same here.

The hub is the issue for me too.

the last windows and overbridge update made my Digitakt completely unrecognisable by both OB and Transfer.
I did a lot of turning it on and off and removing old USB addresses and trying different ports for about two days. no joy. turned it off, left it 24 hours…
For apparently no reason, my Digitakt is now recognised, but ONLY through a hub.

Windows and USB ports are a terrible combination.

Yes - Gotta make sure Overbridge mode is off to connect to Transfer

When connecting to a usb-C connexion, it can depends on the usb-C / usb adaptor you use.
With my Dell PC, I first used another adaptor and it didn’t work ; it works with a Dell usb-C / usb adaptor.

I had similar issues with my Digitone and the Transfer app… just simply being unresponsive and having connecting issues. I was able to update my OS using SysEx Librarian, so I did the same for the Digitakt and it worked : Elektron transfer can't connect to Digitone

I now need to go down the rabbit hole to determine if I can manage my samples… wish me luck!

Had a similar problem and seem to have fixed it. Upgraded Transfer for the first time in a while and then would time out every time I tried to connect to the Digitakt. Was set on USB MIDI under USB config (not OB). I ended up doing the legacy OS upgrade process for the DT and that didn’t fix it. Just when I was about to give up I noticed that it looks like a 3rd option was added to USB config (or maybe I never noticed it?) called “USB Audio/MIDI”. Switched to that from USB MIDI and worked immediately.

1 Like

yo yo, had the same issue, for those who come across this and are dealing with the same thing:
on your digi; settings>system>use config>use midi.
this fixed the issue and recognised the digi’s input and output immediately

1 Like