Cant change sample on track button

Hi guys,

I’m new to the model samples, and having an issue with one of the track buttons - T3.

I can’t change the sample on T3, it just stays on the same sample even when I’m selecting new samples from the drive.

Any help much appreciated,

Thanks

Deep

Are you pressing the Level/Data button to confirm the selection? Remember that you’re only auditioning samples when they appear as black text on a white background. When it’s selected, the sample will appear as white text on a black background.

If that’s not the issue, I’d try the the usual troubleshooting steps:

• Turn the device on and off
  • Clear the pattern with [PATTERN] + [TRIG] + [PLAY]
  • Factory reset
1 Like

Strange that it’s only on T3 - the other tracks work fine for you?

1 Like

That does sound odd, but I’m not having that problem on any of the tracks.

Is it happening on all patterns?

1 Like

Thanks both,

I was pressing the Level/Data button to confirm the selection, but it still played the same sample. And yes the other tracks were working fine.

I took the advice of clearing the pattern and doing factory reset, and its all sorted now.

Thanks again for your help here!

Probably just clearing the pattern might have worked? I wonder if it might have been a corruption of the hash link of the sample to the track. It’s a nice feature of the M:S that you can rename and move the samples without any loss of the track links (I probably didn’t explain that well). Anyway cool that you’re sorted now. With time I’m still liking the little machine more and more :slight_smile:

I did mean that each step could be a possible fix, rather than that you should go nuclear and hit the factory reset button straight away!

Still, glad it’s sorted.

If it happens again, clearing the track with [TRACK] + [PLAY] might be a simple solution. Alternatively, you could copy a track that works and paste it over the one that doesn’t.

and a backup might be a good idea before doing a factory reset! One thing that I struggled with in making backups was switching the midi output to USB only - otherwise it’s super-slow and never completed successfully (when doing a project transfer)