Can't access forum preferences

This ugly error is due to a lot of changes that are done to the Discourse software platform that Elektronauts is built on. These changes have required a lot of work on our extensions but this is coming to an end and a new update of Elektronauts will be released very soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

5 Likes

Sry, if itā€™s not the right place to report a problem. Anyway is it a known issue?

Iā€™ve had the same issue for a long time

It is a known issue.

Great :slight_smile: Thx.

Now you can access preferences. Also the forum should be much faster. Yeay!

5 Likes

Just tried, no luck hereā€¦

Mine (and yours) are working fine here fwiw !

Just tried again, turned off private browsing and turned on accept all cookies for good measure, no diceā€¦:confused:

Something that @elektronauts should investigate further ā€¦ there are other instances where things run smoother for admin/mod users and are problematic for others (e.g. editing Opening Posts in much older threads)

edit: see next post though - member with same trust level as above - confusing !

1 Like

The preference are now working for me, thanks ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe you need to empty your cache or similar. Also, which browser are you you using? Can try to reproduce from here.

1 Like

Running safari on iPad Air iOS 8.4.1, canā€™t update to 10 yet, waiting for some software to catch up still. Have tried all cache clearing, closing, restartingā€¦ Have a Mac but no wifi at home, someday Iā€™ll try with thatā€¦

Hmm. Yes Iā€™m afraid that Elektronauts will require you to have a relatively new browser as it is heavily reliant on modern JavaScript. Tried your use case on an iPad Air with iOS 10.0.2 and it works. :neutral_face:

I will try however to look at it.

@Open_Mike I found the problem and it actually has to do with some JS that should work in most browsers so expect a fix for this any time soon. Sorry for that.

D

2 Likes

Did you mean so ā€œdonā€™tā€ expect a fix anytime soon?
Fine with upgrading to 10, just waiting for Iconnectivity and apple to resolve some rtp midi issuesā€¦