Can't access forum preferences

I can’t seem to access the forum preferences, it always says error something went wrong. Are they working for the rest of you? I haven’t been able to see what they are but would like to not be emailed when someone replies to me and I’m hoping that’s an option in there.

It has been working for me.

The preferences gives you the chance to customize your profile and set options for email notifications. There’s a check box for “Send me an email when someone quotes me, replies to my post, mentions my @username, or invites me to a topic.”

Hope it gets fixed for you soon.

A post was merged into an existing topic: User preferences error message

@elektronauts - I noticed this a week or so ago - I assumed it was a blip, but it seems off still …

I’ve never been able to access the preferences and have always gotten this error when trying. I use an IPad Air with iOS 8, been meaning to try from a computer to see if that works but haven’t tried it yet. Curious as to what they even are…

@erlend_sh hey dear, do you know anything about this ?

Hmm. I’ve noticed this before but couldn’t recreate it. I’ll try impersonating you guys and see what happens. :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK. Found the issue. Will try to get it in very soon. Got lots of bugs in the new version of Discourse though :frowning:

5 Likes

Omg you’re reading my mind. I’ve been experiencing this too for weeks. I would like to add a profile picture and some signatures.

1 Like

Can anyone access their forum preferences? I haven’t been able to for a week or so now. Just get ‘Something went wrong’.

Does anyone know how can i fix and where in my settings the Subscription to Threads thing?
I can not find it anywhere, i get over 100 emails a day from every single post on Electron
no matter if i was in that Threat or brand new, or replied or anything at all.
This is all i get when i go in Settings:

Thanks

You’ll have to wait until this gets fixed - the Mods can’t even access their own preferences, let alone yours to fix it, sorry

ROFL!!! Hahahahaha.

To be fair, it’s a third party software that Elektron are using, so they’re at the mercy of external developers

You may or may not have a button at the bottom of each topic that controls the responses that you receive. If it’s like mine it is labeled either “Watching”, “Tracking”, “Normal”, or “Muted”.

1 Like

Thanks Peter, will do that. What boggles my mind is why every topic
marks it self as me following it. Even if i never saw it.

1 Like

@PeterHanes to the rescue … :thup:

2 Likes

There is a possibility that that is a universal preference that you set at some previous time in your personal preference page (which is currently being fixed). Or it is a forum software bug.

Not working for me either. Might explain lots of new members without profile image.

I have just joined but cannot set preferences / upload profile image.