Cannot transfer .SYX files to RYTM MK1

RYTM MK1 was showing some screen lag when browsing menu so I decided to erase all the samples and update OS. Big mistake. Screen lag is the same when browsing menus and now cannot re-install my Electron sample packs such as the 808 and 909.

I am able to send .wav files via Transfer, but when I try to send the accompanying .syx , the RTYM crashes every time. Sometimes I get the EXCEPTION message and sometimes it just freezes on the receiving message and have to restart. Funny thing is also that Transfer does not even “see” .syx files when using the “explore” tab.

RYTM OS is 1.61B and Transfer is version 1.4.01

What am I missing? Thanks

I don’t know if it helps but I had issues installing packs with Transfer - they would go across but projects and sounds would not be created. After speaking to Support, they mentioned there is an issue with Transfer and that I should try C6 to send the sysex. It worked for me, so though it might be worth trying.

Thanks, my MAC can’t use C6…I found a workaround I think- when I do NOT use the sysex transfer page to transfer the file, then it doesn’t crash and the patterns / kits actually transfer! So leave it on the normal sound design page.

1 Like