Cannot set global mute

I can’t get global mutes to work at all - I can enter the mode and all trig keys are green, but selecting a track doesn’t toggle muting at all.

Pattern mutes work fine…anybody else seeing this?

1 Like

I had that as well, I played with midi tracks and then tried to mute tracks from 1 to 8 and could not mute anthing. reloaded the project and then I could mute again. I still think a bug , a weired one.

Yep - just checked, and the default project and any new project I create the ability to mute globally is there. Somewhere along the way my main project that I’m working on now lost that capability. Unfortunately, reloading it doesn’t fix the issue :frowning:

Is there a way to fix this?
I was trying play patterns in chain from 1-2 and when I start mixing it, i could use only pattern mute, global mute didn’t get any feedback, all triggers was always in green mode, taping triggers did’t change anything

Anyone out there that has a fix for this?? I have the same issue.
Global mutes can’t be changed, but Pattern mutes can. Problem is that if the track is muted in global mode it doesn’t matter if its unmuted in pattern mode. It just won’t play…

When I change to a different project, the mutes are all fine again so something must have happened in this specific project.

For those who might encounter this issue in the future. This is how Elektron helped me fix it.

*Check if MUTE DEST is set to EXT in settings > MIDI config > Port config? *
If it is (on EXT) then set it to INT or INT+EXT instead.

I had to go and read the manual to understand this functionality. Pretty cool to know about it now.

MUTE DEST controls whether activating/deactivating mutes will send MIDI data or not. When set to
INT, mute only affects the Digitakt and no MIDI data is sent. When set to INT + EXT, mute affects the
Digitakt and also send MIDI data to external devices. When set to EXT, mute sends MIDI data externally, but do not affect the Digitakt.

4 Likes