Canada sound packs double in price for the sale >>>?

I was in the US this morning on business, and the DIGITONE sound packs cost $9.99 USD which is $13.46 CDN approx at current rate of exchange.

I flew home and checked again and the CDN store pricing is $19.99 +13% HST

UPDATE AFTER TODAYS SUMMER “sale”
THIS IS AMAZING… now that we have everything on sale… ALL sounds packs have gone up to $40 in Canada, and the 50% discount brings them all back to the $20 price?
What the hell is going on here?

(d)Tones
Digitone, Digitone Keys
40.00 20.00 CAD

God Bless America

1 Like

Hmm weird, I got a sound pack back in February and I was charged in USD.
You can always access the website through a proxy but yeah the CAD sucks right now

Wow, that’s crazy. I moved a few years ago and noticed machine prices here appear significantly higher. And they’re not as popular as my kijiji experience shows. :smile:

Use a VPN

2 Likes

However and THIS IS AMAZING… now that we have everuything on sale… ALl sounds packs have gone up to $40 in Canada, and the 50% discount brings them all back to the $20 price? Feels like a Canadian Tire type sale (over price it so you can put it on sale?)
What the hell is going on here?

(d)Tones
Digitone, Digitone Keys
40.00 20.00 CAD

Do you guys have the right currency, I can see the link in my local currency which is approx equal to $5-6.

No we don’t have the right currency - we have to deal with the ridiculous Canadian Dollar up here… oh sorry that’s not what you meant :wink:

Yeah sadly its the right currency being displayed. CDN

1 Like

Can you please post a screenshot?

1 Like

1 Like

Maybe I’m confused , I’d guess they’d be priced at similar amounts although the App Store USd $10 is often £10 which isn’t equal , but it’s not too far off. ( ideally it’s £8 ish)

And secondly I’m not sure elektron manage international currency rates though that could be an amazing conspiracy theory to see on various synth forums , matching some that already exist.

1 Like

yes, but read my top post for the original rates from May ---- ??

I was in the US this morning on business, and the DIGITONE sound packs cost $9.99 USD which is $13.46 CDN approx at current rate of exchange.
_I flew home and checked again and the CDN store pricing is $19.99 +13% HST

Now today everything is on sale 50% but the original Pack prices indicate that they are $40, when clearly a month ago they were half that. I want an explanation.

This is also not an Elektron conspiracy theory… this is a Dan wants to know whats going on and why you’ve doubled the prices theory?

Your best bet is to ask Elektron directly.

1 Like

I have asked them directly in the main page forum thread. Now I’m discussing it with the community.

1 Like

I meant by emailing customer support, etc. This forum is not the most efficient way to correspond with Elektron.

Good luck!

4 Likes

Im not trying to communicate with them here in this thread, I’m talking to the community.

Sure ill email them - will post back if I hear anything.

2 Likes

Maybe they’ve made a mistake , they happen.
I haven’t been tracking their price , I don’t think I’ve bought any packs

Good luck

1 Like

I hope so cause I was gonna pick up a few things… but not like this.

Thanks for letting us know. We’re looking into this now.

6 Likes

Thank you - thank you - so much !

1 Like