Can the Analog Four Mkii replace a Virus Ti Desktop?

Hi,
I have a chance to exchange my virus ti desktop for an Analog Four mk2.
Is it good option? What do U think :slight_smile:

also I have Digitakt and digitone, so that why I thinking about this swap.

You are asking on the Elektronauts forum, but have you asked at infekted.org?
Even if you like the Elektron workflow, you can still sequence the virus from your Digi’s. So that might not be a strong argument. The virus and A4 are very different. I guess it is up to what makes your hart sing. If you love it, you can overcome its shortcomings, which applies for both. Toss up a coin and before it lands you will know what you want it to say. If not, it does not matter.

1 Like

Have them both virus ti still here…A4mk2 gone. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Would you prefer to have:

• a multi-timbral digital synth with 20 or more voices and copious effects, or
  • a 4-voice analogue synth with internal sequencer and CV/Gate interfacing?
5 Likes

I say keep the virus, 3 elektrons is too much, it gets too complicated. The digi pair matches greatly and as others said, you can sequence and sample the virus with the elektrons… plenty to explore

I Will keep the virus. Thanks guys :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Couple of thoughts:

• TI is just more universal and can be shaped to produce more variety of sounds than A4. But it’s less strong in bass and some sounds are overused.
  • Some elements are comparable, i.e. everyone is happy about delay and reverbs in A4 and Virus. But Virus have more of FX and more configuration options.
  • With Digitone you already have some sort of approximation of Elektron synth sound. I think the filters, while having different technology and generation, are of the same ‘family’ (i.e. similar behaviour on high resonance).
  • Everyone is happy too about drums on A4 and Digitone, so you will gain not too much, unless you are looking for specific analog drum sound (and possibility to shape it) :slight_smile:

But A4 is a great playground for all sorts of minimal, new wave, electro, etc music and also can produce some modular-like complex sounds. Liquid analog modulations and no aliasing.

A Tough choice. The answer might be in the style of music you do and your workflow.

1 Like

i guess the answer is no.
but if i had to choose — i’d take A4.

A4, let alone the Analog nature and behavior.

when realizing that ALL sounds coming from the Analog signal path is insane, dial in the Guitar preset, as an example how accurate this engine works.

everything comes from the same source and that’s unmatched, IOS is also digital. :heartbeat:

Sold my A4 Mk1 no regrets. Still have my TI, did sell it a few years back, immediate regret so had to repurchase.
Of course YMMV but I would advise don’t pay too much attention to the fact that one is digital and the other is analogue just use your ears not the specs.

1 Like