Can´t use AK and Virus TI at the same time

So I bought a Virus TI and want to use its plugin in Ableton next to Overbridge 1 for my AK. To my annoyance my Windows 10 PC only accepts one of the two synths. If I plug in the USB cable of the second synth (no matter which one I plugged in first) I end up with a “driver error”.

Anyone here that can help?

Hard to tell … it could also be Ableton … Win 10 …

TBH I never tried both simultaneously …

My experience with both, OB and the TI-plug-in, is that both are not really as stable and reliable as desired. Both aren’t capable to get their hardware to behave like software plug-ins in my DAWs. There was always some issue.

• My TI plug-in is very picky with USB interfaces. A hub seems to be a no-go. It has to be a dedicated USB-3 port, only used by the TI. IMO the plug-in is useful to have a GUI and to organize patches.
  • OB is useful to record all tracks at once and to have a GUI for patches and do some organizational work.

This said, I have given up to try to use them as “total-integration” tools :frowning:

I have a Windows 10 PC and successfully run both Virus TI and Overbridge 1, at the same time, within Ableton Live, version 9.7 (64 bit).

The only thing I can suggest is that you download the latest TI software, from the Access website, and reinstall on your computer. I seem to remember that a certain Win 10 update caused problems with the TI drivers and I had to reinstall to solve the issue.

1 Like

Hi i have the same problem with my A4 and Ti but problem isnt in my daw but in my hw manager. If i use first A4 its work but vir is not reorginaze, but if i turn on my Vir first my A4 i not reorginaze, sory for my poor english. Can everyone help me? :wink:

I have A4mkii on OBii beta and access virus TI working alongside each other in win10 on my pc tower and laptop…its a bit hard to troubleshoot with limited info. How are they set up etc.

I posted similar couple of days ago

Are the Elektron and Virus on the same USB bus?

Or using a USB hub?

Cause I started this thread:

my problems are all gone since I got a new pc, also with windows 10. My new pc is (of course) way more capable than the old one, but I really don´t know if that was the problem.

I don´t run into any of the issues I explored before, I just downloaded the plugins, usb connected the synths and it all worked.

so I´m not sure what my initial problem was, and since it got solved I don´t care (like the rest of us in the first world)…