Can Rytm feed back MIDI state / data to a controller? - I think the term is bi-directional MIDI feedback

I have a Kenton USB host III and I’m thinking of getting a MIDI Fighter Twister for use with RYTM.

It allows for MIDI feedback when used with Ableton, but I’m hoping to use it to allow access to scenes and performance parameters while I stay on the mute page of the RYTM.

Is there a way the RYTM would feed back data to the MIDI Fighter Twister to show various parameter states? I’ve used the Akai LPD8 with the Digitone for level and track mutes, but am unsure whether it is the controller not accepting MIDI data updates, or the fact the Digitone hasn’t sent them…

1 Like

No, as far as I know, the OT is the only Elektron box that can do this (with the CC61 command, if I recall well).

1 Like

Thanks. It’s a shame but I guess can be worked around by choosing the right parameters to map, the same as I managed with the Digitone and Akai LPD8, good to know I wouldn’t be chasing something that doesn’t exist though.

There are more discussions about this. AR only sends midi when a control is moved, so you can sync your controller to the AR by twiddling all the relevant parameters on the AR, but that might be tedious. Only OT has a midi message to request all cc values. Real shame. Makes using controllers with endless encoders etc much less appealing.

1 Like

Maybe something useful here?

that’s something I’m really struggling to understand…

This page has more info but how do you see a sysex librarian tool help us here?