Can Overhub act as a standalone midi hub?

I’d like to connect a usb midi controller to digitakt using Overhub, preferably not using a computer (but powering it from a psu or a usb charger). Is that possible?

No, it is not USB host. For this you will need the iConnectivity Midi4+. Whilst it’s quite expensive once you realise what it can do it is a bargain and the most useful item in your studio.
It has the required USB host port that you can connect a powered USB hub to. (up to 8 port) This allows you to connect up to 8 synths, Elektron boxes and MIDi controllers to and have the ports routed as you like. For example, I have a Launch Control XL able to send to my Octatrack & Analog Four. A Keystep which can play any of my synths directly or via the Octatrack autochannel, but is is blocked from seeing the RYTM.
My PC is connect via a dedicated USB port and can see all ports in my DAW, with ports labeled as Peak, Analog Four, RYTM etc.
Then you can connect your iPad too and have this running apps that send MIDI and audio to and from the computer.
It’s an incredible device really.
There is one for sale from someone on here. Worth a look!

2 Likes