Can I use another audio track for a pickup machine?

Title says it all

I have set up a thru machine (with compressor and filter) to process a microphone for a singer. The compression and filter go out through the left cue channel direct into mixer

I want to use pickup machines to loop and mangle the singer’s vocals, but I can only figure out how to use the audio inputs as sources rather than another track. I want to use the Thru track with effects I dialed in as the source since the processing really gels the voice.

Did you try to press [FUNCTION]+[REC AB] and setup SRC3 input of your recording machine to the track you want to record?

2 Likes

Interesting, I have not tried the above suggestion of using src3 on a pickup, will give that a try.
I am wondering if you even need the through or can you just use a pickup. A pickup will record dry but the loop will be played through the fx. Monitoring with fx is available. You can have a flex track playing the pickup buffer and mangle as you wish, but it will be mangling the dry buffer. If you need the processed audio for the flex you can assign a different recorder buffer to it that has scr3 as the pickup track.
I say this because it seems like you want a flex for mangling, there’s no trigs on pickups. By using a thru to a pickup, you might still need a flex for mangling. With just a pickup and flex you save a track, and you will have monitoring, looping, and mangling…