Can I sequence my eurorack now with 1.50?

Hi guys,
With the newest update with MIDI sequencing added — does it mean I can now sequence my eurorack with Rytm MK2 the same way Digitakt does it?

Thanks,
Nikita

Does it have MIDI in?

1 Like

Yes, I do have Hermod with MIDI in. The problem before was MIDI out on the Rytm did not sequence via MIDI, so I went for Digitakt istead to be the “brains” behind the synth setup.

The AR now sends MIDI note messages from its sequencer, but not Control Change (CC) messages.

5 Likes

It won’t be the same as the DT in that it only sends out over a range of 4 octaves (corresponding to its Chromatic range) it’s also only monophonic

2 Likes

Gotcha, thanks! I was excited to finally pull the trigger on the Rytm MK2 like I wanted 2 years ago. Too bad it’s a half measure again.

At least double time for those of us who already have and love our RYTM’s!

4 Likes

Literally double time on tracks of our choosing now too :wink:

8 Likes

I like that

3 Likes

Oh but your question has just given me a few ideas. I have a poly dac that takes 4 chanels of midi in and converts to gate and pitch etc. Its just sitting doing nothing…im going to take the midi out of the ARmkii and use it to trigger cv events that can be sent back to the ARmkii through the cv in… so it can now trigger its own cv modulation from within the pattern. Which is opening many more mind doors for me than what is possible with the DT.

(Which i love and also use to control modular through a silent way FH-1)

Hello,
how many midi tracks it got then? (12?)

Due to the monophony @avantronica
I used to trigger all my drum modules via FH-2 (midi to teigger/cv module) & OT (midi ch 1 & C3’s triggering 1st module; midi ch 1 & CIS3’s triggering 2nd) module;…;…)
–>it s happening that two notes are happening at the same time (OT is capable to handle polyphony): so new midi feature of 1.50 RYTM can’t do that way?
–> could I fix it then using a different midi Chanel for each midi track?

Thanks for your help!

Yuuuhu! OS1.50 is so cool!
I can play my modular via Rytm > Chromatic over midi Ch. 1 and my Intellijel µMIDI 1U.
Thanks Elektron for the update!
I only have to set under [Global] > [MIDI config] > [Port config] Output Ch to TRK CH.
µMIDI use MIDI Ch. 1 for playing MIDI notes.

The only thing i miss, is MIDI “run”, “reset” and the clocks don’t stop when the Rytm stops playing.
Please fix that in the next update!!!

Cheers

1 Like

Have to restart the Rytm MKI, run and reset works now. Constant running clock is not an issue anymore.

3 Likes

I’ve been looking into adding a modular setup to my Analog RYTM. I understand that you can use the AR as a MIDI controller for your modular. Just to be sure I understand you correctly, are you also able to use the RYTM to sequence your modular with uMidi?

• wrong -

Welcome to the forum!

I don’t understand @Mr_Bit’s response to this question. As described earlier in the topic, the AR can send MIDI note messages in a certain range from its sequencer. Any decent MIDI-to-CV convertor can convert these to CV and GATE signals for a modular synth.

What exactly do you want to do?

3 Likes

What exactly you don’t understand? RYTM send pad trigger to the midi out but not the sequencer, right? Notes playing with the sequencer doesn’t send out to the MIDI out.
You can also sync the RYTM with a MIDI to CV module. The sync works great and you can play with the pad a bass line.

Oh, it works with the sequencer. My fault, sorry. You have to use TRK 1 SEND MIDI. All good, I forget that.

4 Likes

Thanks! My main goal is to be able to get started with my eurorack journey with AR as my clock and sequencer.

1 Like

Thank you Mr_bit! That was everything I needed to know.

2 Likes