Can I exchange tracks on a pattern?

Suppose I have all 6 tracks in use on a pattern. I want to throw my bassline from track 5 to track 2 and to have whatever that was on track 2 on track 5. Is this possible?

You can’t swap Tracks. My advice would be, when creating new Patterns, to always have the Kick, the Bassline, … on their same respective Tracks.

1 Like

Thanks. Sometimes I take factory patterns, erase the notes and build something upon the presets and they get stuck to whatever tracks they were on.

You could copy track(s) to another pattern (make sure everything copied correctly tho!), move one of the tracks on the original pattern to its new location, then retrieve the other one and put that where you want it to be :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

So umm… You can copy and paste tracks (along with presets etc.) to another pattern right?

If I make a dummy copy of my pattern, and then paste the tracks back in different order? :thinking:

I just literally thought this one out. Thanks anyway! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Correct. Copying the whole pattern in one go is more efficient than my suggestion actually!

1 Like

Yes. This is a workaround. I would love, though, this Swapping feature on every Elektron boxes.

1 Like

Definitely. Especially when neighbour trig conditions are being used! :yellow_heart:

1 Like