Can I edit OT's samples in my DAW, save back to the OT, and have them play back in patterns as before?

I just got a plugin that I really like, and I’ve been running all my samples through it before transferring them to the OT via USB. What I’m wondering is about samples that are already in the OT, and integrated into patterns I have made. If I bounce them out of the OT, edit them in my DAW, and re-save them back in the OT with the same file names, will the OT still play them back as before? I won’t be changing the length, just changing the quality of the sound. I suspect this is probably impossible, but I wanted to check if anybody had tried it.

Should work without any problem with same length, audio properties, name.
I think I did it, not sure but don’t worry, it will work, no problem with replacing wav files with same characteristics.

what plug in specifically?

You’ll have duplicates I suspect unless you remove the original file.

Worst case scenario is OT has to be pointed to the new file when loading the project so not really much of an issue, do you save to project (all my samples are per project) or leave in the main save zone?

Yes. No. Maybe,

If you have say Flex001 KickyKick.wav; then copy that off and edit, eg. compress it, then paste if back, then yes you’ll be fine.

3 Likes

VULF compressor from GoodHertz mainly but also Decimort 2 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love me some d16 plugins :heart_eyes:

I guess you’ll be fine if you just replace the sample with the new one with same name and location on your OT’s card file tree.

I do it for some of my samplechains, I make them with blank space for further additions, and when I add a slice, i just take the sample in the Daw, add a slice, and replace the OT’s file with the new one with the same location and name.

3 Likes

That’s pretty much what I’m thinking. I won’t be adding reverb/delay or anything that would actually substantially lengthen the sample “horizontally”, just making “vertical” tweaks.

Man, Decimort 2 has almost completely erased my desire to shell out for an old sampler that weighs 50 pounds and takes up my whole desk. It’s not exact but it comes daaamn close, and the flexibility lets me conjure up new textures that sound good in their own right. And the VULF is actually modeled after the vinyl sim compression from the SP-303 and sounds amazing, so between the two plugins I no longer have any need to watch eBay. Doesn’t stop me, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Then you will be fine. That falls into the ‘Yes’ category as opposed to ‘No’ or ‘Maybe’

2 Likes