Can Digitakt be master and Ableton Slave?

HI I just wanted to see if anyone found a solution?

Right now everything looks beautiful and I use overbride to record all my DT racks to ableton.

However, I try and adjust the BPM on my DT and it will does not move. I have to adjust the BPM in Ableton, which is very very annoying.

my end goal is to build my tracks/sequences on the DT, then later record them into Ableton to arrange and mix

Hello good sir.
Have you solved the issue regarding tempo fluctuating to 300, while using overbridge and slavering ableton clock to the digitakt? i am currently expriencing the exact same problem … thanks.

No but I’m using OB with the plug-ins set to No Sync and all my gear is synced via 5-Pin MIDI DIN. So I’m using both USB and 5-Pin MIDI DIN.

I actually gave up. Now running Ableton as master instead

Actually setting the digi plugin to no sync solves the issue, so its possible to have ableton function as slave, receiving clock and play/stop commands from the digitakt via usb while using OB.
I am also using 5 pin midi to sync hardware gear and usb to control ableton with the digitakt.
So yeah… thanks for replying.

2 Likes

hey there, longtime lurker of elektronauts/first time posting because I felt this needed to be added to this thread- how I have my digitakt as the main clock in ableton is the following settings:

1. in Ableton preferences under the MIDI tab, make sure the only highlighted box for digi is input sync
    Live>Preference>Link MIDI>Input>Sync (all others off)
  2. Also in Ableton, at the top left of your session near the tempo display, click the the box “ext” so it’s highlighted. This makes the clock of your external gear the main clock.
  3. in your Overbridge plugin, at the top of the page there’s a box “sync”. Set this to “No Sync”

Is it perfect? no. Does it drift? kinda sometimes. Is it the best solution I’ve found? yes.

2 Likes

Hi, you Can use this m4l device to controll all transport function from your elektron to ableton. this very helpfull when trying to record a track.:heart:

https://maxforlive.com/library/device/6187/elektron-transporter

1 Like