Can cue mirror the main?

That’s a good point. I guess that would work if track 8 is set to master. In my case though it isn’t as I need all 8 tracks.

Can’t you just use studio mode and set the cue and main levels the same for each track?

Wow. I’m stupid. Thank you

Edit: actually is this supposed to send the mixer stuff too? It isn’t for me, sadly I need that function. I just want to record everything coming from the OT

That’s a good point. I guess that would work if track 8 is set to master. In my case though it isn’t as I need all 8 tracks. [/quote]
Aah… that’s a fail man… I don’t know what you can do if all 8 tracks are full. It sucks you will have to mix que out also if in cue studio mode… try scene locks on cue out. I don’t have the OT infront right now. But that can work if you will work with scenes. Otherwise just press cue… :frowning:

Not sure if this helps,
But in my experience all latency issues come from using a DAW (especially noticeable when recording vocals)
I dont understand why this is, when any digital hardware recorder doesnt have these issues

Anyway perso i use the cues to route out the drums, and have them separate (studio mode)
In studio mode you can choose which tracks are going out to the cues,
and invariably you have to turn every track you dont want right down cos theyre all set to a 100

Rael, DAW latency monitoring happens due to the Buffer size set in the DAW.
Try first to lower it. But keep in mind that you can encounter crackles and that stuff depending on how many tracks or plugins you’re using during a live recording (i.e. vocals).

I can clean perceive this latency (like a chorus effect) when im listening to my voice using headphones. Because of the vibrations induced by my real voice and also headphone leaking compared to what is coming back in headphones from computer (ADC then DAC that of course introduce delay)

How long is the buffer you’re experiencing latency with?

Anyway

sorry Nedavine for this O.T. digression.

I’m still scratching my head to find a possible workaround to your request…

I just tested this.

If you are in studio mode and send tracks to both main and cue muting tracks in mixer mode or function + track mutes tracks on both outputs.

You should be able to achieve your goal with this configuration.

^. Nice to know studio mode works.

I was about to suggest a pair of Y-cables.
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-HOS-YPP111?src=Y0802G00SRCHCAPN&gclid=CI32rdW52LsCFSUOOgodVBEAOw

@ sicijv
In fact i do everything hardware, but i often go to others studios to record vocals, and most of these people are heavily experienced with recording/mixing setups, but the chorus effect like you mentioned is always present in the headphones, i dont think their doing anything wrong, its just the drawback of using a DAW,
I understand where the issue comes from,
But i dont understand why this issue has not been corrected in 2014 (almost), since its never been an issue in hardware recorders (i started with a fostex tape 4track in 98

Most audio interfaces and their control software allow you to do direct monitoring (not through the DAW) so unless you absolutely need to monitor through plug in effects you can monitor that way latency free.

If you can get your DAW buffer to 64 samples without blowing up you can do software monitoring and probably won’t notice the latency. :slight_smile:

Pro Tools 11 does monitoring well now because it uses 2 buffers and only needs to put the record enabled track in the low buffer.

This really should be its own thread!

Sorry.

Nedavine, what do you have in your Studio? Do you have a mixer? or something that allows you some routings?

Otherwise my only 2 advices are:

• use T8 as master then Cue it

• go with Main to recorder then from recorder’s monitor out to loudpeakers.

From what i’ve seen in Banshee you have a H4n, are you? so you should have only the headphones output,that carries line output anyway…maybe a tiny Y-cable to drive your speakers from there…

this suggestion comes from the usefulness of having a confidence monitoring of what you’re actually recording (the so-called “tape return”)

did anyone get to the bottom of this?

i’m trying to send TR8/master to the cue outputs, for recording, and it’s no dice.

regardless of normal or studio option, i can’t send all tracks apart from track 8 (when set to master) to the cue otuputs :frowning:

sad face

If you aren’t using your headphones, use the headphone out and set the headphone mix all the way over to master… The first thing I noticed was even though I set it all the way over to master, the click was still coming through… so you would have to turn the click off too.

Hey Nedavine. TSV is on the money.
I am using this configuration for live work. All you need to do is match your cue level (press cue and move lev knob) with your usual level for your eight tracks per part. This gives you the ability to mute cue’d tracks, and tracks going to master outs at the same time whilst monitoring from main outs and recording from cue.

I am afraid the Master Track can not be cue’ed. I wanted to do that also but nope…

I use the Headphone output to record what is happening inside the OT :slight_smile:

Same here. Dedicated volume knob makes that recorder gain a snap to set.

Just an update on this issue and a possible solution. The T8 Cue works fine for mirroring the Main outs but it won’t send out any audio that’s coming into the OT via inputs AB or CD unfortunately. I’m using the OT in conjuction with my modular rig so that rules that easy fix out.
I need 3 outputs from the OT for live gigs so what I’ve ended up doing is the Main Out goes to the PA, the Headphone out goes to my H4n to record the set and the headphone out of the H4n is my third output. Voila!

Buy some split cables and run the main out to both mains and recorder.

Also most Di boxes (BSS, KT etc) have a link out.

Hi there!
I am new here…and I think I found a way to do that.

Case:

I want to process the OT main output sound in some external hardware/software effects and I want to record the output back in the OT:

no need to use ‘cue’

set track 8 as master track and connect the main output to you external effects/computer
set track 7 as thru and turn its volume to 0

function + record [AB] and start to record from inputs AB (where the output of the external effect is plugged)

During the recording process, there will be no layered sounds cause the AB thru track has the volume turned completely down

when you want to listen the result, turn up the track 7 volume disconnect you effects or their output volume or simply save the sample and assign it to an other static/flex track

and you get it!

:wink: