Camping setup

The pads … I don’t remember problems using the screen, but it was hard to tell which pads/trigs were lit in direct sunlight. Even after adjusting settings.

I solve this issue by only camping in the North of England or Scotland where this never occurs

5 Likes

i would take MC-101 + Circuit — either Tracks or OG if there will be a lot of sunlight.

1 Like

Zoom h6 for field recording. I guess an iPad if i were to stay for longer, like a month. Less time spent with any electronic equipment the better.

To me camping = hiking anyway so lugging around a synth and a powerbank sounds absurd.

3 Likes

DT+ 12v Powerbank for me. With my XTpower Powerbank i can run my DT up to 20 Hours in low LED mode. And if the sun is too bright bring those LEDs to max.

For me, hands down the OP-Z. Nothing gets you making beats faster while being incredibly portable.

3 Likes

DT + myVolts Cable + Anker USB battery + Headphones. If you fill the DT with the right samples there’s enough there to keep you going all summer. And if you can bring the iPad with a Camera Connection Kit you’re in even better shape.

I’ve just been at a remote cottage for a couple of days and took some gear to give me options. I had my laptop with me and took;

• Novation LaunchPad Pro (to use with Ableton)
  • Digitone with a usb battery pack
  • Analog Four mk2
  • Zoom H4n
  • Sony portable speaker with a line in.
  • DT770s

I gravitated to the Analog Four through the Sony speaker… that felt the most ‘fun’ to me, whilst inspiring me to use it more when I get back. I just really love the A4.

I got the LPP/Live/DT770s on the go on the first night, but it felt like work.
No particular reason (other than me being happy on the A4) I didn’t get to use the DN or Zoom.

Not sure this helps the OP here as it wasn’t completely mains-free/camping…but there you go. Go deep on one box would be my advice.
Disclaimer- I hate camping. :sunglasses:

I don’t have one, but if I was going camping I think I’d take an MC-101. (I have a 707, and half of that would be good when camping I think).

Tent
sleeping bag
beer
hot dogs
lighter
pocket knife
acoustic guitar

Good times!

7 Likes

XT-20000QC3 ?

I used to take an OP-1 to ye old mountain trailer. But camping, I go minimal. Maybe a field recorder at most and/or a small notebook to jot down workflow and song ideas while doing some deep thinking in a hammock.

1 Like

Exactly !

1 Like

PO-33 might be fun

2 Likes

I came here expecting to see tents, sleeping mats, foldable tables and maybe a cheeky portastove.

Not going to pretend I’m not slightly disappointed.

4 Likes

I did think about doing a nicely Knolled layout photo of all my backpacking kit — just got one of the Hyperlite DCF tarps — but lazy.

2 Likes

Those look bad ass. Congrats.

@sid6581 I’ll post my kit in a bit.

Starting with the orange dry sack, top left. Sea to Summit 5L sink and titanium spork/knife set, Guylot Designs spatula set, MSR camp towel, hand sanitizer, rubber gloves, scrub pad for dishes, Sea to Summit collapsible bowl, space blanket, castile soap for clean ups and spices for cooking. To the immediate right is my Snow Peak titanium mug with my Snow Peak stove nested inside. Below the mug you’ll see the 4 piece cookware set with the fuel bottle nested inside. To the immediate right is my MSR water filter and my collapsible Platypus water bottles and drink kit in 500mL and 2L. The pack is my Osprey Aether 70. To the left of the pack you’ll see my head light, Gerber camp shovel and paracord as well as my Edirol R-09 for field recordings. Left of that you’ll find my pillow, sleeping bag, mattress and 2 person tent. Not pictured: fire starters, food, clothes, multitool pocket knife and the medic kit in the bag. Depending on terrain, the mattress may stay behind or get traded out for an accordion foam type. I would pack close to this for a totally offgrid week in the wilderness. I’d be taking everything in and trying to grab cool field recordings for use when I return.

4 Likes

On the flip side, if you said you wanted a session out of the city but with some conveniences and electricity then I’d grab my Octatrack, studio monitors, mixer and this:

1 Like

Now we’re talking…

1 Like