Cal Exo - Symmetries [CASSETTE OUT NOW!]

2020 threw a bunch of monkey wrenches in my plans and thus I’ll be releasing my new album ‘Symmetries’ as individual tracks over the next 8 weeks instead of a full blown singular album release.

The first track ‘Beyond’ is out now and if you dig future garage / electro this whole thing might be up your ear canals.

3 Likes

Nice tune. I hope the monkey wrenches are easy to remove. I’ll keep an eye out for the upcoming releases.

1 Like

The second track is called ‘Gateway’ and it was premiered on the last Hyper Real Radio broadcast a few weeks back.

Here’s the final mix of this electro track available a day early! Enjoy some electro!

1 Like

During last fall I found a box full of rave party flyers from the mid 90’s and that got me to take a deep dive down the memory lane which then turned out to become the spark for this entire ‘Symmetries’ album. I suddenly felt the need to somehow document a memory of one evening and night as seen and heard through a lens of all that has happened ever since. Each of these tracks is an attempt to capture a moment almost lost in time.

This third track is called ‘Atlantis’ and with it I bring some D’n’B feels.

1 Like

‘Circadian (Night Train Mix)’ was an enormously challenging rework of an older song of mine as the original project got destroyed and I had to rebuild everything from scratch.

It didn’t help that with my early projects I tended to overlook the importance of proper file management. Lesson learned I hope! In any case I re-tracked pretty much everything and most all you hear is a combination of Digitakt, XD and Peak which have turned out to be my go to combo for this entire record.

The 5th track of ‘Symmetries’ is called ‘Veils’ and most all sounds are produced by DT + DN + XD + Peak combo.

On this 6th track I’ll continue on the electro path. DT +XD + PEAK are producing the sounds with some RD-6 thrown in for a good measure. Enjoy!

We’re nearing the end, one more track to go after this. With ‘Sleep’ I’m taking steps towards future garage again. DT+XD+PEAK+RD-6.

I’d describe ‘Untilted’ as future garage in vein of Burial / Gidge. The beats are sampled household items. It has been a long journey to get this album out and I am super happy how it turned out in the end.

Cassettes & Minidisc coming later this year.

Shameless self promotion bump in celebration of Bandcamp Friday! Here’s the link to the full album instead of individual tracks:

1 Like

Hiya, bumping this up as I’ve got 10 download codes to give away! In case you decide use one, please comment on the thread so people know which ones are gone. Enjoy! You can go redeem here: Cal Exo/Mnthrn

a87n-j2zc
xkcm-vayv
hyj7-6bb9
j2gx-yx4z
9xts-7veg
zcze-e9r3
zp2g-38x4
39lz-cnma
wysz-xakb
pkqu-jbtx

1 Like

thanks, very good job

1 Like

Just redeemed this code. All the ones prior to it have already been claimed it seems!

Listening through the album now. I really like the groove you lay down with the classic drum machine sounds on the first two tracks. Really liked the laid back vibe of the first track. Will be listening to the rest throughout the evening.

1 Like

Just used that code. Love the stuff man :slight_smile:

1 Like

One code left folks. Personally I liked Circadian the most, but great album overall. Enjoyed it a lot!

1 Like

Bumping to let you all know that Symmetries will be available on cassette in December!

1 Like

Sick!!!

1 Like

Tapes are on their way and should be available next week!

1 Like

The tapes have arrived! I expect to have these available on bandcamp later this week. PM in case you want to reserve a copy.

Tapes are live now on Bandcamp!