Cables for the cv out?

hi there, i am trying to find cables to connect the cv out of the analog four. but all i find is 3,5 stereo to 2x 6,5 mono… but i need 6,3 stereo to 2x 3.5 mono

any idea where to find them?

cheers,
ello

Is this any good? https://www.elektron.se/accessories/audio-cv-split-cable-kit/

2 Likes

thank you… i was afraid of that overkill. why are there cables for 6,3stereo to 2x 3,5mono everywhere, but only overpriced handmade solutions the other way, or said set of adaptor, y adaptor and cables :slight_smile:

is this so uncommon?

1 Like

I found some that were 3.5 stereo to 3.5 dual mono female, then used adapters from there… not perfect but it worked. In fact if you’re in the UK I’m happy to ship these to you for postage cost as I’m no longer in need of them. Cheers.

I used this. A simple little splitter box.

Elektron makes an official solution, but I’ve also heard of people making their own cables. Alternatively you could just buy cables and adapters.

I had that pink box made just to keep my desk a little less cluttered.

1 Like

thank you for your inputs. so, generally there is nothing much to care about? if i take some cables and solder the according jacks to them? or do i need to care about shielding them?

i.e. search the Forum rather than starting new threads for popular questions, keeps the good responses easier to find :thup:

2 Likes

how did you make this box? is there a guide available

2 x TRS sockets 6.25mm 1/4inch
4 x TS sockets 3.5mm 1/8inch

T is Tip (point)
R is Ring (next to point)
S is Sleeve (furthest from Tip) (also known as earth/ground)

TRS T to TS1 T
TRS R to TS2 T
TRS S to TS1 S & also TS2 S

That box solution also requires that you have 1/4inch TRS to TRS cables

I no longer have an AK, but I recently picked up a couple of these to trigger a Roland TM-2 from my modular, with a couple of 3.5mm to 1/4" adapters. I’m fairly certain that is mentioned in one of the threads @avantronica linked above, but I thought it worth mentioning again as a cheap option, since I had to hunt a bit to find the info.

1 Like

I’m always amazed for the £20 price tag people go to all sorts of hassle to avoid buying the Elektron cable kits. You just spent a grand on the machine and the kits are exactly what you need to CV sequence. Maybe people enjoy soldering - not being facetious.

2 Likes

The Elektron kit is great value IMHO and very flexible for a variety of uses, but it’s so much easier to plug in a straight bespoke cable which has no additional connections along its path

remember most of these discussions pre-dates the Elektron solution

The :3lektron: kit feels nicely made, but there’s a lot of it, it’s bulky, long cables and so on … little custom cables are fuss free by comparison

The kit is useful for AR ins and outs when you revert to 1/4" arrangement

1 Like

I made these cables out of leftover speaker wire and some connectors I got from my local electronics place for 50 cents apeice. Works perfectly fine.

The Elektron kit looks great though.