C6 doesn't see my digitone

Why CS6 don"t See My digitone on setting?

3 Main reasons :

1. Because it has no eye.
  2. Because your digitone needs to be turned on.
  3. Because you need to plug the usb cable in.

Why don’t you try to describe your problem in a comprehensive way to get more appropriate focused answers ?
Please and thanks are optional but may lead to more people feels like helping you…
Enjoy your stay here, it is a great community with lot’s of good folks…'Cept me…

2 Likes

The amount of people on the interwebs with an overgrown sense of entitlement and no question asking skills is … surprising. On StackOverflow (a Q&A site for programmers), I often have to remind people to include questions in their questions :joy:

@Bobo, this is not Elektron’s support. If you need them, use the ticketing system.

after I tried to update the Digitone to connect it to Overbridge as well as stop the update that did not start now C6 does not see it anymore so I can not load any sound packs

Despite the strangely unhelpful replies above, here are the things I would check. (Also i use windows, so if you use mac, the steps will be different)

Digitone settings (cog) -> midi config -> port config -> input from/output to is set to USB (and midi if you want)
USB cable is plugged in.
You have something plugged in to the main audio outs (seriously) I’ve not seen it happen on Digitone, but I spent most of a night pulling my hair out trying to work out why USB wasn’t working on my Octatrack, only to find out the audio outs help ground it in some way.
Drivers initialised properly, you should be able to see Elektron Digitone in Device Manager under Sound, Video and Game controllers.
After opening C6, check Configure. Elektron Digitone should appear on In and Out.
If not, see if it’s showing up in your favorite DAW.
Try different USB ports, try different cables. Sometimes a restart does wonders. Sometimes something goes wrong with usb device drivers, and you have to uninstall conflicting ones.

Please report back with more information if you are still having problems.

2 Likes

Which update was this? Digitone doesn’t have overbridge yet?

1 Like

my mistake was to have launched the update of the Digitone by pressing Func at power on and then the 4 button, the update is OS1.10, but it was not successful and I had to turn off the machine to unlock it

I never upgrade that way. I always use upgrade option in the system menu, but it seems you must send the sysex via midi in, rather than USB.

Are you able to still get back to the Early Startup menu and try again?

Honestly at this point I would be raising a ticket with Elektron.se to get their advice before any more damage.

2 Likes

i have open a ticket on Elektron site, thank you
pity before doing this was all right, but I think the only one and reset it and lose everything I did
thank you anyway

I’m sorry to hear that. Hope things go better for you soon.

1 Like

I had set in the USB configuration menu in Overbridge mode and just put it back in USB-MIDI ONLY, now C6 see my Digitone again, that stupid forgetful that I am!

4 Likes

Thanks! That was my problem after pulling my hair out. Has to come out of over bridge mode. (Not specified in the manual)

1 Like

This is definitely the most helpful reply here, along with your previous one. Thank you, I’ve been struggling to get my DT upgraded via USB, as although Windows recognises it as a device in Device Manager, it repeatedly pops up a notification to say that the USB device is not recognised. I think Elektron need to make it much clearer that the only way to get sysex across is to use the MIDI In port, instead of USB, if that is the case (or indeed even if it’s not and you’re hitting that problem).
Thank you very much for posting helpful, supportive replies, instead of the obstructive and unhelpful replies posted previously. Massively appreciated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is really good advice. Thank you Polite_Society, your post put me on the right and only track I found to successfully upgrading my Digitone. To avoid cross-spamming the forum, I have included a link to my detailed write up of my fix for upgrading when all else failed below, “Thank You” for putting me on the right course :smiley:

2 Likes