C3 on keyboard is starting Machinedrum and Octatrack

I posted on Arturia forum but did not get any answer. Maybe someone knows what I need to do on the Elektron machines, so they do not start when I press C3 on the Keystep Pro.
I don’t see on the KSP what would do that, cause I’m not even sending on the MIDI channels that the Elektron respond to.
If I press C3 on the KSP, then the Machinedrum and the Octatrack start playing!?
The Octatrack plays and never stops and the MD plays one cycle and stops.
I disabled all LOCAL CTRL on both drum machines, external clock off etc etc. Nothing is changing. As soon as C3 is pressed, then the drum machine start.
I looked into MIDI Control Center on the KSP but also no success changing settings there.
I need some help. I don’t want the machines to start when I press a key on the KSP.

assuming the md is receiving from KSP and sending out to OT could be the map editor is being triggered on the md.

page 59 https://cdn.www.elektron.se/media/downloads/machinedrum/machinedrum_manual_OS1.63_1.pdf

Excellent, I’ll check that and report back. Thank you very much.

I disabled all in the Map Editor and also did a factory reset on the Keystep Pro and the iConnectivity mioXL MIDI interface. It seems now to be ok with the MD. Thank you for pointing me to the Map Editor.

The Octatrack is still starting when a certain key is pressed on the Keystep Pro. It seems I’m not the only one who’s having this surprise with the OT.

1 Like

That depends on how the MIDI note mapping is configured.

Since the latest OS versions you can change it with:

PROJECT > MIDI > CONTROL > AUDIO NOTE IN

With the standard setting (which is the default) various MIDI notes can be used to trigger all kind of things like start recording, muting or cueing the active track etc.pp.

Check the manual section “C.1 STANDARD NOTE MAPPING" to see which MIDI note triggers what.

1 Like

I have the AUDIO NOTE IN set to standard because I want to trig notes via my MIDI controller. If I set it to off, I can’t play notes on my keyboard to activate a sound on the OT.
What I do not understand is, if I look at the standard mapping it says pressing A1 will start the sequencer (this is what is happening), A#1 will stop it, B1 will restart it etc.
Today it only B1 on my KSP which is starting the sequencer. A1, A#1 etc do nothing.
I can play notes on my KSP wich will trigger sounds and if I press one key it will start the sequencer (the other day it was C3, today it is B2, makes the all situation even more confusing!!!), but that’s it. No other key is doing anything. I think I’ll leave it for now cause it gives me headaches and I’ll play just the notes on the first octave that trigger the sounds on the OT.