Buttons just popping out of the machinedrum

Wtf man.

First my machinedrums first trig button BD just popped out, then I ordered a new button from elektron to try and fix the one missing knob diy style. But now a second button has popped out. The ‘Bank group’ Button. I’m starting to think that the plastic the buttons are made from is actually getting old and tender and like breaking. So I love the machinedrum, any advice what to do? Should I just buy a new one or pay for getting this one fixed at elektron? Anyone ever tried to send it to rep.? Please help here, need my instrument again :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You’re definitely going to need to get another MD. With which, you’re going to need to use the Midi tracks of the newer one to sequence the older one. I know what you’re thinking, but yes- that is actually the most efficient course of action.

Who knows, though. Maybe if you sent it to Elektron they’ll repair it up to an honorary mk3 status with the NEW buttons and NEW screens and since it will be the only one on the market you could sell it for “hella bank” “yo”.

(BTW, “liking” your post was me sending you love, thoughts and prayers- not taking pleasure for the best drum machine ever made falling apart beneath your fingers </3)

1 Like

Haha, thank you. it is very sad yes. I honestly dont get your suggestion. If I got me a “new” Machinedrum, then I could just start using that, composing/programming/ jamming ect on the new one instead of using it to sequence the old one missing buttons… What you mean ? think I will write the support.

Ah yes, but you could use the Midi tracks on the new one to sequence the old one (which you then wouldn’t need the buttons for). Ryan is correct, it is the only sensible thing to do.

1 Like

^-Exactly! With the MD you’ve got 16 midi tracks- the exact right amount to sequence the 16 voices of the MD! So you’re basically using 2 Machinedrums to cover the ability of 1. 2 > 1 which makes this method the better option

Plus the old one will have a warmer sound.

Hi SM your MD fall or have a crash? i have a MKI and is rock solid, months ago in a local flight the MD ends with a rattle sound inside. opening the box and going deeper i found 3 small black pieces from one of the outputs, everything work and sound as usual. i see the triggers and buttons are mounted on plastic, check if are worn or broken. maybe your MD wants a break, or need more breaks.

lol

as I said the buttons are just breaking one by one. Im beig very gentl when i play, so it not because I play like really harsh. i think the plastic they are made from are getting old and tender, so what im looking for is if it makes sense to send it for rep. and get all buttons changed, if this cost the same amount as a new use machine, then its a stupid idea. Sorry to hear about your machine to, but great that you can use it anyways!

wtf

1 Like

wtf I could just use the new one to trigger it self. Does not make sense haha

Think big! Think MD x 2! Super MD!

After the 1st button,also the
Bd.
I orderd and fixed by tech support of the local dealer, since another one popped out, I’M using korg pads :slight_smile:

What’s better?
2xMD or keep on dreaming about MD mk 3

1 Like

Hi sorry for the slow reply Spaceman you’re right man check this

i now how you feel its a failure that affect old units i have to take care of my MD :elmd:

and stop my finger drum sessions

best of luck with your MD repair

2 Likes