Build your own CS-80 clone for $999 [Deckard's Dream]

Pretty cool…

promo:

2 Likes

To clarify: $350 is the pre-order downpayment

Total price is $999 with a free worldwide shipping, the remaining balance of $650 to be paid when the product is ready for shipping.

plus around $1000 for components, PSU and case. Still looks ace tho!!

1 Like

Great name! If they release this simultaneously with that Ryan Gosling reboot/sequel, they will sell thousands on the hype alone.

1 Like

one would prefer a vintage Super Jupiter with the accompanying Programmer, but anyway for modern day gear, i’m almost as inspired by the sound of the cs-80 clone as by Deepmind 12

cheers k.toffee re/ the extra dollar requirement info … still very cool, yes :slight_smile:

This is the Vangelis preset on a whole new level.

2 Likes

Haha, yeah we all kid ourselves a little with that one :wink:

1 Like

Grrrrrrr! You got me… :cry:

i should change the thread title … slightly incorrect details for the fabulous notification.

4 Likes

OMG that is probably the most perfect name for a clone of this type. So cool.

:joy:

2 Likes

This sounds very lovely. In a fantasy world I would love to have one or even just noodle a bit on a friend’s.

1 Like

title should be changed…

1 Like

sorted.

"Deckard’s Dream will be available for a price of $3749 (built version) and for 999$ as DIY Kit "

The DIY set is £999… then on top of that is what you are talking about?? So total DIY would be $2000

Although I have no idea about making the thing it seems like a lot of cash for a built one? I guess soldering etc might be scary to some people but how hard is it?

I’m saving up for an OB6 but this could be a contender for my cash. Love that sound. What would you guys buy… OB6 or this?

Tough call :confused:

Edit - apparently Behringer has his mind on an Oberheim clone soon… Might save you some ££ to hold off a little while :wink: I’m hoping they do it and nail it… Only way I’ll ever afford to own something comparable :wink:

Yup, that’s what the website says. The $999 gets you a set of PCBs with the most fiddly components pre-soldered.

Cool, so, overall cost is $999 for a DIY kit ready to go as in, gentlemen start your soldering irons, but don’t worry about finessing the nano-components as they are ready-completed?

If so, then that is a pretty cool price.

I found a USB iron for $12 free postal from eBay if anyone is interested.

Thanks man! Food for thought right there.

Nice idea mate. I have an SE-1 and it definitely quashed the GAS for a MiniMoog.
Yeah, I heard the same thing about Behringer. There’s no way I can afford an OB6 yet but when I can hopefully Behringer would have come up with something. I’d rather have too many options!

1 Like

Hey guys! Anyone else preorded the Deckard’s Dream? I did, but I have about a month until I can make the final payment to secure the shipping. Their website says they have about 90 left (down from like 200 last week). I’m worried they won’t save my unit unless I make the final payment right away! Also, muffwiggler seems to be down? That’s where I used to check for updates on the project… :slight_smile:

Here’s the link for anyone curious btw:

http://www.deckardsdream.com/