[BUG] MIDI trig condition lost when switching pattern

Hello, I’ve noticed a bug while working on the OT, here are the repro steps:

• Set a trig condition to 2:2 on a MIDI step to play the note only the second time.
  • Switch to a different Pattern, and then come back to the previous one.

Result: the MIDI step will now play the note only the first time, as if the trig condition was set to 1:2 (settings still shows 2:2).

Is it known? Am I doing something wrong and it’s not a bug?

Thanks for help

PS: FIrmware is 1.30D

Edit, problem identified: the trig conditions are affected by the account of cycles of any pattern you’re in, so if the tracks have different scales in some patterns, this is most likely going to cause issues.

3 Likes

I presume if you double stop the second before playing the first it is working fine, sounds like it’s to do with the accounting of cycles which happens at a pattern end. Maybe, haven’t looked

2 Likes

Yes, I managed to fix it by setting the same track’s scale on each pattern.
This is a bit weird tho, I’d expect the trig condition to reset when changing pattern and not to take in account the cycle number from the previous one. I wonder if this is configurable somewhere.

1 Like

Sure

Trig Conditions came with an update. No menu concerning them directly.

Similar issue on this thread:

and here:

2 Likes

Gotcha, thanks for the answers. Hopefully Elektron’s engineers find a way to fix that soon.

I wonder if it’s buggy with other products with TRC…

1 Like

I got through another case today where it’s causing issues. The more pattern you get, the more it affects your work. This is honestly a serious issue.

1 Like