Broken my digitakt? [resolved]

I was busy practicing my set, when all of a sudden, my digitakt started only playing one channel.

The kick drum is continuing to play, but all other tracks dont.
No matter which pattern Im on, so it has nothing to do with the pattern mutes.
The global mutes are all green and lit up.

I had a slip of the hand during a pattern change, just before this issue, so Im not sure if I bumped some hidden feature, or solo track somehow.

Anybody have any ideas?

Not sure if you have midi running into the digi but I know a few people on the board have mentioned accidentally sending the cc to the digi that causes soloing.

1 Like

how do I unsolo? Sorry, Ive only had it for a day, and havent bothered to read the manual.

I personally wouldn’t know, I don’t run midi into the digi so tweaking something not accessible from the front panel is not something I have delved into really. A quick forum search may be helpful (digitakt bug tread 1.04 particularly) or a quick look in the back of the manual for midi cc assignments.

The wierd thing is it stays like this when I turn the power on and off, and/or unplug the incoming midi. I seriously think I broke it, or it broke. Which kinda sucks…had it for not even 20 hours

try loading a new project

Yeah that worked. So it works.

So now how to I get my project/set to get back to normal then?
Got over 32 patterns in there that I really dont want to have to redo. :frowning:

Is there a Cue mode on the DT?
Cuz it seems to be in some sort of cue/solo mode.

I can mute or unmute any of the channels, and nothing happens. The kick stays playing no matter what. (unaffected by muting)

You should open a support request alongside this thread! My experiences with support so far have been entirely positive. They will help you.

If only the kick is playing that’s probably the soloed track, find the midi cc to turn off/on solo send to that track. Problem should be fixed. If it’s a soloing problem. Digi has no indicators for what is soloed currently.

1 Like

I’ll try that.

But if its solo’d, then wouldn’t the mute/unmute still work on it?

If it’s controlled via CC, then probably not

K, fixed it. By just sending CC 93 to track 1. It un-solod. Not sure how it got that message in the first place since the only thing I have connected to it is my TR-8.

1 Like

I recommend reading the manual.

4 Likes

wait hold the phone, you can solo?! I thought it only had pattern and global mutes. sigh I need to just tell myself RTFM for this one. :frowning:

3 Likes

spend some more time with it. its pretty normal to make stupid user errors with stuff when you cant be bothered to look into how to use things

ooh, too harsh (’ stupid '), but almost fair

let’s leave it there, new user excitement/impatience is a legit one-time excuse imho

yeah - browsing the manual is a bit of a courtesy, especially if you’re already prepared to go off the deep end and prematurely decry that the device is broken within x hours of usage etc

1 Like

Via CC only tho :rage:

1 Like

damn so essentially midi out to midi in might work?

1 Like

Yup, it does work, but very crashy lol

1 Like

Glitch hop crashy solos coming right up lol

2 Likes