Broken button< help>

Having same issue with my octatrack, tried fixing my self but made it worse, now I need new button all together and will have to resolder it, does anyone know if mk2 has same button design or did they move to something more reliabale? Myne broke down on the track 5 button.

1 Like

Elektron talked about much more possible buttons press with MKII, IIRC.

Any explanation, advice if I want to do it myself one day?

That is what i followed but it seems like i put more super glue than needed and it froze up the whole button assembly, i tried to dissolve it with alcohol but it didnt help, now i am planning to solder brand new button or possibly just sent it in to elektron to fix. If you are doing it your self, dont make same mistake and use TINY amount of super glue.

2 Likes

I destroyed a knob once, wanting to clean it with acetone + water. :grimacing:

1 Like

That was my planned answer seeing you writing! :smile:
It was to clean a cheap second hand MC307 bought from a guy smoking A LOT!
Sticky, certain knobs not working.
Acetone worked a bit on yellow (previously white) keys, but the knob cap I used to test after melted!

Sure. And dangerous. I exploded a bottle of glass with acid nitric and brass and received some on my body when I was 14. :grimacing:

1 Like

I became crazy and itā€™s getting worth since I have an OT. :loopy:

3 Likes

Legend! Super easy to fix. Couldnt figure out the mechanics of the button at all until i retrieved the spring and ball from the case. thanks

1 Like

Where would someone get that ballbearing if lost

Sounds like you will need a new switch

and the switches. do you know where to get them. ive seen the encoders on e bay, but cant get a button.
by the way. i just glued it. put the ball an the four edge tiny thing, the spring on top, the glued up the broken button. but powering it up it doesnt work. any idea? i just read something about polarity. i tried to put everything in the order it was, but didnt double think in polarity issues.
may it be the matter? i will have some stuggle ungluing that upā€¦

Just a contact. No polarity. Imho.
Break it to repair. I donā€™t recommend to unsolder, can be worse.

Ideally make a test before gluing. Now Iā€™d put glue on a double side adhesive and glue after press. Otherwise there is a risk to glue insideā€¦

ll do my best. thanx for answering.

1 Like

Hey there

Here i made my technique to fix buttons
Maybe you find it usefull