Brand new Octatrack MKII No Volume at all [resolved/replaced]

For the record, this happened to me right now. I spent at least half an hour only to finally figure out I had accidentally cued track 8 (the master track).

3 Likes

The audio was going nowhere then as the master track can’t be cued, or rather it can and the track indicator will blink but it won’t do anything, and the cue level is greyed out… :slight_smile:

As usual though, Sezare56 has a workaround…

1 Like

Yes correct, it’s not the exact same issue but definitely a WTF moment, I was working on the first 3 tracks, daylight, I didn’t see the T8 button flashing and was focusing on those 3 tracks (I did check the master fx but still didn’t notice the cue flashing). Cueing T8 acts as a master mute. (But you can’t mute T8 with Func+track! Long live the Octatrack!)

BTW it would have been cool if T8 could really be cued, because we could then send the whole mix to an alternative output for instant outboard processing without sacrificing a track. @sezare56 's method is valid, but if by accident you uncue T7 you’ll get instant feedback, quite a dangerous set-up for live work IMO

1 Like

Not possible in Studio mode.

I use normal mode (I switch tracks from 1 pair of outputs to another, in “cue mutes track” mode) Studio mode is like an aux send.

2 Likes

I rock normal mode too… More flexible in my opinion, regarding muting…
Master track can only be muted if cue mutes track is enabled and you cue it…

1 Like

If you have T7 already muted and cue it, when you uncue it it will still be muted…
-works with cue mutes track…

With cue mutes track you can also unmute a main bus track after cueing and they will both send signal…

1 Like