Bought a Mnm... Tell me what to do first

Find Hector.

One of the many benefits of using an external midi keyboard with the MM is the note off trigs get recorded in as you play. Makes things very quick.

In general I would say thatā€™s a really good tip for the MM, plug a keyboard into it. It makes a surprising difference.

2 Likes

Good to know! Programming them each time is a tedious job.

Contemplate what to get next.

1 Like

I know I will sell some stuff. The Mmn alone already scares me a bit.

A sentiment Iā€™ve seen a lot on this forum is regret for selling ones monomachine. Ive hade mine for a few years and still havenā€™t hit expert level on it but donā€™t think I would ever consider selling it. There is so much that can be done with it.

2 Likes

and all the elektron users who regret selling their monomachine may officially weep silently for no more than five minutes lol :smiley:

the aussie dollar was high in 2012, very high. there was a sale on for the OTmkI at the time. $1250au new. I made the call, sell! buy!

Was it for the best, i donā€™t know - although would like to think so.
anyway i am on the trail of the mythical unicorn. the sfx6.

1 Like

My MnM purchase history is as follows:

Aug 2007, MKI purchased
Dec 2012, MKII without +Drive purchased
Dec, 2014, MKII wi/ +Drive purchased

Itā€™s been the brain of my setup for a long whileā€¦many things have come/gone, but the MnM is here to stay.

I know its midi sequencer is a lilā€™ archaic, but with song mode, itā€™s so quick and easy to use.

Lately, Iā€™m trying to use the effect machines to process external sound sources. Iā€™ve done several songs where Iā€™ve processed another instrument through MnMā€™s effect machines and it always adds this beautiful digital grunge/dust to it all.

Iā€™m also in the midst of recording a track where Iā€™m controlling the MnM a bit with the DTā€¦still wrapping my head around the way the DT reacts to pattern/program changes being sent from MnMā€™s song mode.

Anyhoo, the MnM is a beast of a machine with a charm all its own. By far my favorite piece of gear evArh.

3 Likes

You can create your own waves in serum then export the result in Wav 16bit. After, just, move the file in C6 and you will be able ton convert it and use it in your Monomachine.

You can watch this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzJ8qocQreM

In audacity, you can import some basic waves and then transform them with the pen tool.

2 Likes

Nice, been meaning to experiment with this more. I thought for some reason you could only export whole wavetables? Wavetables may be interesting in the Digitakt thoughā€¦

speaking of wavetable creation, audio-term is a fantastic option.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=257&t=334828&hilit=Audioterm

Actually, you canā€™t export wavetables in the Monomachine.
But, you should try the DigiPro machine and for both oscillators, choose 1 wave from serum and another wave from Serum. Play with the WAVE function and the time it takes to morph between two waves.

After, you can go deeper and try the trigs and choose different waves for different trigs.

1 Like