Blush Response calling out Elektron Manuals

I like the manuals in general but there are parts that I don’t fully understand no matter how many times I read it.

I would prefer online documentation not in a page format but by sections without the need to read something that’s span on two pages or 4 subjects on the same page, that’s just easier for me to read.
also maybe videos like ableton do…

but they are still better then the Roland ones…

:thup: if I don’t see this icon I’m not reading it.

4 Likes

“I would actively discourage reading them” lol

1 Like

In a way it makes sense. It’s a technical manual after all, not a manual on harmony.
There are no specific notes in a Major, Minor, Sus, etc. chords. Only a set of intervals.

3 Likes

Wait, there’s manuals ??

2 Likes

I can understand there’s a lot to read in the manual. As for any complex thing, like the Cirklon.

There was a time when Elektron had trouble with consistency throughout their line of products (Snapshot vs Project, Kits becoming Parts returning to Kits then disappearing, Pattern being the whole tracks’ patterns, etc).
Today a lot of attention is brought to this.
But it has less to do with manual that hardware implementation, so you can’t blame @eangman for this.

Of course, not every trick could be in the manual… but it’s true that a step by step workflow for a precise goal could be pretty handy.
Maybe @blushresponse aren’t aware they can suggest anything in the Documentation thread:tongue:

5 Likes

Never had to “read” an Elektron manual since the Octatrack manual, although I sometimes have to lookup a particular thing in it (example: CC numbers). The Octatrack manual is horrible to read though, not because it is badly written but because the Octatrack has obscure names for flaky concepts in the first place

#dealwithit

2 Likes

haha you guys i was kind of fucking around!!! whoops

35 Likes

Extremely niche, laser-targetted clickbait though!

You must have got at least oooooh 20 more views from people in this thread :wink:

5 Likes

just another trigless trig :wink:

17 Likes

This !

the manuals are too complex for my ape brain to handle :smile:

its not them, its me

11 Likes

Look, I don’t want to give you anxiety, but last time I saw a cat with such facial expression, it came from a pet sematary.

12 Likes

27 Likes

I thought this thread was going to be something very different from the user thumbnail :eyes:

3 Likes

Interesting video on your setup @blushresponse

Out of interest - the Rytm sounds integral to your setup, despite all your modular - Midi clock / ableton etc. Do you use the Rytm individual outputs or just the mains? Presume hardwired to your audio interface instead of USB to ableton.

Also do you do your mixing / mastering yourself? Look forward to your release next week.

Guess not got your hands on a Perkons to try yet? That would be an interesting review :slight_smile:

1 Like

8 Likes

Thanks for the kind words!

the rytm is my main drum machine. I have all the individual outs routed through a tiptop audio wayout8 so that i can integrate it with my modular effects and i had been recording it that way for the past couple years, but I actually just got a new m2 mac laptop and switched to using overbridge now and it works flawlessly with my current devices (rytm syntakt a4 digitone)

this video was made a couple months back so I hadn’t gotten the new laptop yet

I mix my stuff myself but mastering is handled by others.

Alain Paul and Dadub Mastering are my current favorite engineers, I use either one depending on the project

I have messed with the perkons a bit and there are a couple videos on my channel but I’ve not gotten one in for review yet, perhaps in the future!

I think with the rytm, modular, syntakt, digitone, pulsar 23, and modor dr2 i’m more than covered for drums so i’m not in a super rush to get one tbh

4 Likes

I guess he’s never had to read the Intellijel Metropolix manual. I don’t know what kind of sick sadistic person wrote that but it’s good for getting my kid to sleep at night.

1 Like

Ah cool. I guess you mix mainly in the box (not noticed any outboard etc comps and all that)

Cool your using Overbridge now - I guess that changes how you use modular FX for the Elektrons? (Send and returns in Live?)

I spot the Octatrack remains - guess mainly for sequencing and FX also (scenes etc)

I must of missed your soma video - off for a look on your channel!!!

1 Like