Blank

The Tokyo tokyo link above still works for me.

I was pretty obsessed with early Bob State …they really got me into the whole thing - saw them in Birmingham in '89 & it blew my young mind. :slight_smile:

To be honest though after ‘90’ it seemed like they were just chasing the hits & I lost interest - there was so much other stuff to love that my eyes had been opened to.

Did bump into Massey in the Hacienda one time but he seemed totally disinterested really…

I did meet Gerald though - playing a different stage at the same event to me - & he was my real hero to be honest - the UK’s answer to May or Atkins I guess. Nice guy too.

I liked his jungle stuff, but the ‘Tronic Jazz- the Berlin Sessions’ stuff from a few years ago was a total return to the acid / techno stuff & is well worth checking out if you liked the early Gerald.

As for this new Bob State track - it’s alright I guess. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The new ep is out 12th July ‘Initial Granada Report’ looks like download only which is a shame cos I like physical copies. From what I read somewhere they recorded the new stuff at the old Granada studios in Manchester in the main control room ,

https://www-manchestergossip-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/www.manchestergossip.com/sites/default/files/field/image/new_808_state_1.jpg

2 Likes

^
that’s pretty awesome pic

I played a live radio session last year from there for - it’s an amazing place. Had a wander round & thought - “fuck - Joy Division have stood here!”

4 Likes

New album out 11th October Transmission suite on cd and vinyl
New official video for Tokyo Tokyo today, some great shots of the studio

1 Like

“Let’s be big in Japan!”

It sounds 808stateVST,
It lacks the magic from back then.