Blank screen on Octatrack mk1 , leds off, dead machine

contact support closed till September, please help

Hard to say what the issue is without getting more information. When was the last time it was working? Have you tried plugging it into a different outlet? Do you have another PSU you can test it with? Has it been dropped or jostled recently? Have you tried booting it in test mode?

If it’s not a dud PSU, I suspect the issue is that one of the cables connecting the two PCBs inside the unit has come loose or the connection is oxidised - whenever I’ve had booting issues with my Elektrons that was usually the culprit. The solution is to carefully open it up using a torxdriver and reseat all the ribbon cables connecting the two circuit boards inside. But I’m not Elektron support and I can’t make any guarantees.

3 Likes

estragon is probably right. Any serious booting issues I’ve had were due to oxidation or those ribbon cables coming loose.

If you decide to open it an re-seat the connections, watch a few videos on opening it up. It’s relatively easy, but you do need to be careful.

After about 8 years my second hand OT needed a crossfader replacement.
Elektron recommended re-seating the connections. It worked for a sec but I ended up having to send it in for repair.

They are good about repairs and it usually doesn’t cost much. In some cases they do repairs for free.

So they are not accepting support tickets till September?

1 Like

that doesn’t seem at all right, are you sure ?

to get any meaningful help here you really need to provide more info on your current issues - tbh with no info it could just be a broken psu or more likely, an issue with the tip barrel on the psu … see if you can test that for voltage away from OT

2 Likes

Dead machine, or not powering up machine ?
As said above, PSU checking with multimeter, or test with another OT MKI PSU, but BEWARE, OT MKI PSU is DIFFERENT from newer ones.

OT MKI is compatible with Machinedrum and Monomachine PSUs (MKII only iirc).

I had issues with the tip barrel, but it was powering off while moving the cable…

2 Likes

Hey guys, i follow the indications, and now works!! I’m very happy, i disarm the device (it”s really easy) and i clean the connectors Of the ribbon cables, thanks guys, my soul come back to my body :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

EXCELLENT!
It’s such a scary feeling when they do that

1 Like

Yes , like a surgery, but really works, it’s an expensive device, and here in my country don’t have official Service, if i haden’t asked for help, I would have had to wait for who knows how long, I am very grateful for the help

:upside_down_face: A rebirth !

So it was inside !?

Yes , i clean the connectors and it’s alive again

2 Likes