Deals -- Perennial List of Things on Sale - GAS Warning!

Checked it out but it isnt really my cup of tea. There’s a few really nice sounding synth/retrowave stuff there though but I always find I end up forced down an alley way with these sort of sample packs. Might still pick up one or two (doesnt seem to be an equivalent “bundle”). It’s a shame the Sample Magic stuff isnt on sale (yet) - always liked there packs.

My problem seems to be that I’m drowning in pre-existing sound content already! The more I go through what I already got, the more I feel like I’d just be buying redundancy. Investing into something like chickensys translator would probably be a much better idea for me (to be able to reuse my existing sound libraries in any environment) instead of hoarding more stuff… Like, I bought Apple mainstage once I learned it comes with all of logic’s plungis and sounds, big mistake - When will I have time to even go through all that content/sounds LOL

5 Likes

10% off Fender Guitars and Amps and stuff

BUT – I think there are strings attached. You have the sign up for the Fender Play which is their education app, for which they charge $20 a month. But it’s free for the first 14 days so i think you can sign-up buy your stuff and quit. ALSO not sure what the base price is, that you deduct the 10% from, so the numbers may or may not work out.

I will be checking this out 'cuz i am thinking about buying some Fender gear myself.

ADDED: I checked and the base price at Fender on-line is the same as regular retailers like Sweetwater (i checked three amps), so the numbers could work on this.

Good though to find Black Friday Deals that involve actual hard goods and not software.

ADDED: But do i really need a Fender 2018 Limited Edition Meteora?

No chance

Each year I generally .

Keep an eye on discchord.com for app sales
Keep an eye on samplesfromMars.com as they do good sales
Keep an eye on pluginboutique.com

Hardware wise , I still buy 2nd hand , recent elektron gear is probably still covered by warranty.
Other gear is likely to be cheaper than stores , though for some reason people still think selling 2nd hand monologues / op-1’s can still sell for the same / more than brand new prices. I don’t get it.
2nd hand prices seem to drop a little near Xmas as people try to get funds quickly.
Some good items can be found as many people keep their money for Xmas instead of synths , unless Xmas isn’t relevant to your life…

Updated discchord link.

6 Likes

yea, I am waiting for their sale as their new Soviet Synths library sounds superb.

4 Likes

Listen to what Bradley says. He’s an expert at this. If you feel that you need to buy it because it’s on sale then you don’t need it because chances are you may not use it.

There’s a balance to be had with sample libraries. You can easily collect them all like Pokémon then not play them.

I’ve actually stopped playing video games to catch up with all my music software and gear purchases from 2016. What year is it?

If you pick a sample pack and stick with it for situations you intended and not intended you will realize what you need.

It’s crazy what you can do with the stock battery 4 and stock maschine 2.0 library. I bought live 10 suite and I can do a bulk file extension change and change those to WAVs. I’ve actually built a daily journal on the stock sounds and when to use them. Where do I fail ? How do I fix this ?

13 Likes

Even the stock Ableton Suite library is ridiculously good.
So much stuff in there I haven’t even had a chance to listen to yet

13 Likes

I’m interested in this bulk file extension change for the live content. I’ve got suite 10 but I haven’t opened my laptop for 3 months; it’s all Octatrack at the moment.
What did you use to change the content to wavs if you don’t mind me asking?

1 Like

Yea, me too all OT at the moment, but since all my other gear is packed and boxed for moving (soon) I am revisiting Live, Logic/Mainstage & NI software as a simple OT AB input. Must say it’s working very well also have not used it for a long time so it feels fresh.

The only software I want to get is Scaler and I am done. (Or a Scaler alternative.)

Edit
Oh and maybe an audio library manager. Difficult choice, I use multiple operating systems… .

+1

Hmmmm…. might know a cross-platform app for that :wink:

1 Like

Did I win? :wink:

That first one may be a bad link

Thanks for fixing @res5et saw your post on the iPad apps thread - I was genuinely unaware of that site before

I use sound forge but audacity does it for free. Can anyone confirm this? I used to do bulk selects with audacity if I recall or was that adobe audition 2.1

1 Like

Cheers. I’ll take a look and see if I can do it that way. I’d love to get my Ableton content into my Octatrack.
Apologies for sidetracking the thread. :pray:

It’s definitely an option in Audition. I do bulk actions to folders of samples on the regular.

Especially if you are living in China – today 11/11 (the four ones are symbolic), is “Singles Day” – an enormous sale day. It’s on the site Alibaba and elsewhere too.

Are there no Chinese synths – or are they all Chinese synths?

[A special shout out to friends reading this who live in China!]

ADDED: Alibaba reports a new record in one day sales volume for Singles Day, the equivalent of $30.8 billion US Dollars!

4 Likes

ProAudioStar has Hofner HCT series Chorus / Compressor / and Overdrive pedals on sale for $14.99 shipped on their site and also on eBay.

http://www.ebaystores.com/proaudiostar/_i.html?_nkw=hofner+pedal&submit=Search&_sacat=proaudiostar&_sid=336450849

Cheap as chips

Plugin boutique are giving away Neutron Elements free with any purchase until 30th November

You just have to buy one plugin - in the sale section you can get them for as little as 1 dollar/pound/euro

https://www.pluginboutique.com/articles/1401

I’ve the older version of this and its really useful so going to grab this one

I’m looking out for a deal on Izotope RX Standard edition over Black Friday so if anyone spots that give me a shout oir post it up here :slight_smile:

Mod Edit : Pre Black Friday Thread already existing on Neutron Elements for any potential replies on that - obviously reply to DavyP on Isotope RX query below :thup:

1 Like