Black Box Combination Cases w/ Eurorack

Dear all, shameless plug forthcoming…

I’m developing a variety of combination cases for Elektron / Eurorack etc. Working through prototypes now with a new batch of final products due soon, thought I’d offer some first dibs here.

Vertical battle station prototype below, also available at a gentler angle w/ electron unit on the top. Happy to offer a Heat version too if anyone fancies one.

3 Likes

That does not look patch cable friendly on the bottom, I would suggest adding some empty space! Nice idea otherwise

3 Likes

Yes it’s a little bit tight at the acute angle in this orientation. It’s also fully reversable so you can easily put eurorack on the bottom but adding some additional space is worth testing for sure… I’ll get on that!

1 Like

This setup is also an option… works a charm.

7 Likes

I really like the angled one, how much U space is in there?

Hi, they are both 3U 68HP.

By angled do you mean the shallow angled version (2nd), or the acute angled one?

How much HP would a digitakt version support?
I’m thinking Rossum’s Morpheus would be gnarly paired with it.

~44HP for the Digitakt or Heat.

I’m also working on an option that supports more than one Elektron unit…

The shallow angled one, it would be awesome if a power supply was tucked into the back to free up more space!

The shallow one is great, the acute one looks problematic for either patching or for easy trig access. Brain spasms say that 1U spacing between the top and bottom with options for rails/rack ends would allow for either some space or those funky 1U micro utility modules that are about now.

Final versions w/ power supply coming soon…

Hi guys, the updated version is here!

CNC routed 12mm ply w/ the black box machine at a gentle angle on the bottom rack. Plenty of room for cables and modules…

1 Like

Finally installed some units and put it to use last night. Super fun…

6 Likes

Love this, would it fit a Mother-32? What cost is involved?

The Electron boxes are different sizes to the Mother 32 but I could adapt it for you… How would you want the Moog to sit in it?

The Mother 32 could either sit in it as is, with its wooden end cheeks or it could be mounted just on rails as if it were a Eurorack module…

Shoots. I never wanted to even consider modular till i saw dat case. Better run away lol

1 Like

Great case idea!
I’d love to see a portable (maybe foldable?) version that would fit at least 2 elektrons for live/touring use.

Haha, don’t run away, just tentatively approach it with a modest Electron vs. Eurorack case…

1 Like

That’s very well designed. I want one.

Thanks, where are you based? UK or US?