Bitwig or Studio One?

Bitwig for creation then stem out and mix in Studio One

1 Like

Oh my

6 Likes

Down the rabbit hole you go :smile:

3 Likes

Does bitwig have a scripting environment? something like lua?

Related:
Now that @joanq has made his choice, can we drill into comparing the sampling capabilities available out of the box?
I’ve been playing with FL Studio, and I agree with the prevailing opinion that the piano roll is top notch.
However, I found the stock sampler (for chopping) to be terribly non-intuitive. For that reason alone, I was gravitating towards Live. (Either that, or find a 3rd party sampler vst that I want to use. But that’s an additional expense.) Here, I’m reminded that Bitwig deserves another look.
So, everybody, how does Bitwig measure up in the context of effective sampling? Bitwig vs Live vs FL?

Nice. Top tip: connect two more oscillators and a dB gain using the purple input of your other oscillators, change the gain at will. Instant FM/PM :yellow_heart:

I have no idea, sorry. I’m not that techy. Which is why Bitwig is so awesome for me haha

1 Like

I’ve used the sampler module within The Grid (it’s the same as the regular plugin) to create a granular synth patch before. Seemed fairly straightforward to use. There are lots of tutorials on the Bitwig site to help you get the basics.

1 Like

Yes, JS. It’s used for controller scripts among other things. You can also use Java, I think, but I never tried that.

Oh nice javascript!(es6 or es5)? I fucking hate java.

That is why I have both.