Bit disappointment with scenes

With. Scenes, to me, are about morphing many sounds at once. I use scenes with the crossfader on the OT. I use the UC4 mapped to some individual things that allow me to do unplanned (non-scene mapped) stuff like filters, delay sends, start point (slice selector), etc… It’s nice to not have to select different tracks to do one thing at a time. If I want to use the filter on two tracks at once, but didn’t map it to a scene, I just turn two knobs. Different use cases allow me to leave settings and still do effects with scenes.

2 Likes

I didn’t clearly get what was puzzling you with scenes. You can elaborate, maybe I’ll able to focus / be more understandable on what you’d like after…

What I thought is that scenes worked like the way @mr_bernard is using the UC4. So the idea was to have a master low cut in a scene but it only works if you have the part parameters as were in the beginning or from a deactivated scene to the low kill.

I thought about using for fading in tracks, but if I fade a hi hat in with a scene and then kill the low with another scene, the hi hat fades out.

I suppose I’ll have to work more and find the right way to do things for me.

I do this same thing, or at least I did for a long time.
Overtime, some scenes get altered per song/bank, but they are still in a similar way.
I always have the same, delays, reverbs, transitions, but things like comb filter will change pitch or LFO’s
Doing this for a long time, like a few years, really lets me dial in complex scenes to perfection, and it feels simple when performing. I know my OT like a guitar at this point

3 Likes

Yep. Doable for sure.