Bit Crusher: worthless?

With this 1.21RC OS I have, where the effects have been improved, I can get samples to sound very 12-bit like an old-school sampler. Before this OS (without this OS), you can refer to the post I started this thread with. I still think this effect is worthless unless you are using OS 1.21RC.

yesss! the reverb and delay has been lacking for me, especially when compared to the same fx on the A4

Has anyone else noticed improvements in the bitcrusher? I canā€™t tell if itā€™s placebo effect or something but I swear it sounds better these days. (I recently re-purchased a Rytm + have been listening to more lo-fi music in general). :wink: Last time I tested this thing it just sounded like grating digital noise. Now it sounds like an old-school sampler. Iā€™m kinda wondering if I really need to find an OTO Biscuit now or if this internal effect will do.

I like the timbre of the effect ok, but I hate the way it has a set decay that you canā€™t control. If there were a way to shorten the decay of the static-y noise, Iā€™d probably use it a fair bit. As is, I usually end up turning it off a few seconds after I try it out.

Could the noise youā€™re hearing be quantization noise? If so, itā€™s just the smallest bits in the tail of your sound creating these artefacts. In that case, the regular amp env should do the trick

hi guys does anyone knows how to use bit crusher on SRC(not on SMPL)?

impossible !

well, as a compromise you could re-sample the source and effect that sample

4 Likes

thanks for reply man . hope the will do it in the future . it really can be a cool feature