Birdcord - A Big Thumbs Up

Corrected!

1 Like

I bought a birdcord 9v usb converter many moons ago and i got a hand written letter thanking me personally for the purchase… thats next level customer service.

And it’s been working without any problems!

5 Likes

Ripcord on the other hand was dead on arrival…

Yep, Birdcord is the real deal. Powered a DT, DN and OT with one, completely hassle free, from various USB power bricks. RipCords are a RipOff, they just don’t work unless you get really lucky and even then they have a habit of dying after a while.

2 Likes

To be fair here, i’ve had 2 Ripcords since they were released and never had any issues; I honestly don’t even think about them anymore

Today I’ve got a PD=>12V Birdcord for my Elektrons and a PD=>15V for my Maschine+ (both center positive)

Some weeks ago I had already got a PD=>9V for my pedals (center negative!)

Short test: All devices are booting and running without any hicks.
I was curious about the open circuit voltage and measured it with a simple multimeter: 9.1, 12.1 and 15.1 V
To me that’s excellent because many power adapters show an open circuit voltage that exceeds their nominal voltages by far.

EDIT: I allways check whether they are actually center positive oder center negative as claimed on the homepage…

1 Like

Just ordered a USB-C PD > 12v cord. I like the idea of it starting with a nice fat chunk of amps and volts, and I already have a PD battery pack.

I got one for my 404mk2, works perfectly, plus the nice handwritten note. Great company!

2 Likes

Anyone tried the splitter for plug ST (2A) + DT (1A) with a Birdcord (since it provides 3A max)?

I wouldn’t try that because the Songbird Birdcord could be working on its 3A limits.

IMO for a stable operation I prefer two of them on two different powerbanks (sorry, I don’t know a powerbank with two PD outputs).

2 Likes

I finally ordered a Birdcord. Deiter is a really nice guy he made sure I ordered the right one before he shipped it out.

3 Likes

Hey guys, I purchased my 3rd Digitakt because of the 1.5 update.
I bought some birdcords a while ago for MPC One, Maschine+, and got a 12V one for “other gear” :smiley:

The thing is I have 2 Anker batteries with USBC PD (10k and 20k MAh) and they won’t power up the DT although they have 4 LEDs full.

The cable does work when plugged to a 100W USB charger. It’s not working with the iPhone 18W charger either.

This is weird because I remember powering the DT with a RipCord and it went fine for hours. I don’t think it’s that power hungry.

So the question is… did anyone encounter this?

1 Like

I had the same issue. The Birdcord needs 12V USB-C PD and the Anker battery I had doesn’t support that, so I swapped to the Baseus battery. For more context:

Oh. So that’s why Maschine and MPC works. Makes sense now. Thanks.

1 Like

Now you have been potentially using them for many years. How is the reliability?

Mine still works brilliantly!

Can‘t complain. No weird memory issues. Perfect for outdoors

I use my 9v -polarity birdcord with pedals without any issue. 3 years and going strong!

Edit: I posted 3 years ago in this post, so its probably more like 4-5 years

2 Likes

I have one too. Main grief : a bit short. But I have a multi extend cable for pedals that works with it.
9v tip negative.

I have a 12v, plus a 20v for my Push 3 Controller, which works really well.

I had a 17v for an 0-Coast, but I lost it. 10/10 would buy again.