Big problems with updating my Analog Keys

Hi everybody. I just bought an Analog Keys and i’m totally new to this kind of machine. I want to use Overbridge BUT the computer doesn’t detect the device. So I tried to upgrade the os. BUT I really can’t open the global menu by pressing FUNCTION + SONG. Here is the screen, there are no option regarding the global settings, i’m very very confused. Sorry guys, but it’s my first time. Thanks, any help! will be appreciated
20191206_183739|281x500

FUNCTION + BTN and FUNCTION + BTN (holding for a little bit ) do two different things btw.

I get the screen showing the actual project (like in your image) if I press FUNCTION + SONG for longer. So I think @mekohler is right: hold FUNCTION and click SONG. You should be in the GLOBAL menu then.

While you’re at it, set your input port to USB only. If midi is selected, your AK will sample it’s inputs with midi-speed and that may take a while compared to USB-speed (GLOBAL/MIDI CONFIG/PORT CONFIG/INPUT FROM -> USB).

Enjoy this great machine!

Hi guys, I pressed SONG for a little bit and yeah, it works! But how to do this: “Send the SysEx firmware file to the Analog Four either using the MIDI In Port or the USB MIDI In Port.”??

Thank you very much

in other worlds. how can I send the .syx file to the AK?

You need a Sysex librarian software on your computer. Elektron offers this software, it’s called C6, but Elektron’s homepage seems to be down, you can’t get it at the moment.
If you are on Mac OS you can try this one, it’s supposed to work as well:
https://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/

elektron.se is back, there you go:

Hi jenne, I used c6 and updated the os! Thanks! But Overbridge doesn’t recognize the AK as shown here:

I tried many times but the AK can’t be detected… what can i do? thank you very much…

Have you put the A4 in Overbridge mode? If it’s in usb Midi mode Overbridge won’t see it

As @spikysimon has pointed out: is your AK in overbridge mode? (GLOBAL/SYSTEM/USB CONFIG -> OVERBRIDGE)

And: are you using the latest beta version of Overbridge? Because only this one will work with the latest OS on the AK:
https://www.elektronauts.com/t/overbridge-2-0-24-public-beta/108025

My overbridge engine windows (accessible via the small Elektron logo in the status bar) looks completely different, even with the instrument disconnected.

And: this latest version is not (yet) compatible with MacOS Catalina…

2 Likes

ok, I set my AK in the overbridge mode, and Overbridge recognize it! But it says “connected, but incompatible OS”

now the problem is… i just downloaded the beta, but it’s a .syx file, not a dmg. how can I run it? through c6? Thank you very very much

Looking at your screenshot I’m almost sure that you have the newest OS for your instrument (the *.syx file), but you are running Overbridge version 1.xx. And this is not compatible with OS 1.40A on the Analog Keys.
Maybe someone else is familiar with OB 1, and can confirm this.
In the link above you will not only find the sysex-files for the machines, but also the most recent Overbridge installer (it’s the first one, a *.dmg file for you Mac).

2 Likes

hi, i found the dmg file :slight_smile: but it’s not compatible with the os, and my Macbook is so old that i can’t update the os! fortunately i’m waiting for a new iMac on thursday, so I will try again with the new setup! thanks again, let’s keep in touch! :slight_smile: