Bi-weekly record-diving sampling extravaganza | 35 | James Brown - Don't Tell A Lie About Me And I Won't Tell The Truth On You

:fire:

Love this, the loop is so gritty and fits the acapella perfectly.

1 Like

@BLKrbbt @monquixote thank you guys, it was that super fresh Prodigy verse that set off this track, RIP!

1 Like

I love Prodigy. Omen is my favorite and the reprise.

1 Like

That Bloodshed remix is funky as @aarb420. Great work!

Hereā€™s a house-y thing that I came up with. Struggled to do a hip hop take and do it justice so went with this. Gonna resist writing a load of stuf about whatā€™s probably wrong with it, haha. All about the practice right fam?!

4 Likes

@looms Woah, man awesome track and that vocal work is fantastic with the buildup leading to the ā€œAbout/I want loveā€ slam dunk :muscle: Lots of energy in this, and it feels like it would be a great road trip track on the way to an event, thanks for the kind words and for sharing! :beers:

2 Likes

First off, great track.

And I second this wholeheartedly. And why hate on our work. Iā€™m putting a moratorium on bad mouthing my trashā€¦. Erm. Tracks.

Actually ā€œtrashā€ and ā€œbullshitā€ are permissible for me. Because Those are also compliments.

2 Likes

Cheers guys.

Yeah man, itā€™s silly and a longstanding habit of mine. I think I read someone say on another topic here itā€™s not a good thing to do for xyz reasons and it really hit home. Itā€™s obviously good to want to always improve but telling people what you think is wrong with your tunes is justā€¦ nah. I think the insecurities in me thinks if I bad mouth my shit then itā€™s less likely someone else will. Not that anyone here has even been anything but helpful leaving useful suggestions and pointing things out that could be improved in a totally cool way, so yeah, gonna try and stop that shit! Donā€™t hold me to it though. Habits and insecurities are hard to break :joy: Iā€™m trying though.

Honestly mate, I have no idea what JB is saying at times, I just thought it sounded kinda cool :joy:

2 Likes
2 Likes