Bi-weekly record-diving sampling extravaganza | 26 | K.P. & Envyi - Swing My Way

This is wild! :clap:

2 Likes

Thanks! Great samplepack from this one. Really like the drums.

2 Likes

@natehorn seriously, man! @proskynesis :exploding_head: not a dull moment in sight man nice formula! Got all pumped up from this one :muscle:

2 Likes

Legit banger right there. Wicked work @proskynesis!

3 Likes

Thank you all for kind words!

2 Likes

That’s one of the best things I’ve heard from you.

3 Likes

First thing I’ve made in a while tbh it was fun dusting off the cobwebs! These stems are really easy to work with…

5 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like

This is wild!! And I agree. Forgot to say thanks for the stemroll by the way. So much useful stuff in this one which isnt that obvious before you dig into it.

2 Likes

As it was a two step beat I tried to do something inspired by Bicep.

All the synths are Hive which I got in the recent NI crazy sale thing.

6 Likes

Bicep are one of my favourite artists - I definitely hear the influence! :clap:

3 Likes

Great refix! Will definitely be having a bash at this

4 Likes

@natehorn THE RETURN OF THE MAC! :fire: That offbeat structure on this track is lovely man keeps the beat fresh and loved that bass exit!

@monquixote man the way you make that 80s sound modern is awesome, and such an awesome mix this is like a TV-ready track :muscle:

@jawside hop in, the more the merrier! :beers:

4 Likes

Big tunes @natehorn (sounds like a sweet set opener) and @monquixote (sounds like a peak banger). I wanted to do something this weekend but haven’t managed it. Gonna try and do something over the next few :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Thanks for all the positive charge @everyone with the massive beats :muscle: Not long ago, there was talk about Canibus over on the hip hop thread and this used to be an overplayed freestyle back in the younger days so decided to remix that. The main sample is the sample track provided by @natehorn, the drums I added extra, and on the bass features @Doug with the sample pack he released here recently, and I recommend checking it out it’s :fire: Support your local elektronauts fellas, and fellalinas (when you can) :beers:

8 Likes

Love this total :fire:

1 Like

@monquixote thank you man! :beers:

1 Like

A bit late and not really finished.

5 Likes

You’ve actually got until tomorrow this time because I was late, but I’m glad it put some fire under you for a second shot :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Jeez, everyone has brought absolute heat this sesh. Favourite stuff I’ve heard from all of you I think! @aarb420 you nailed that, it’s swanging! And @proskynesis, that’s another wicked one, great building hypnotic driving vibes… Don’t think it’s gonna happen for me this time which given the crazy intimidating standards here is prob no bad thing :smile:

3 Likes